Home General Discussion

Bolt!

mod
Anyone else see this?

Just got back from the showing in True3d or whatever and it was a lot of fun. Not sure how much I enjoy seeing things in 3d (the glasses hurt my eyes, at least to start, plus it mutes a lot of the colors), but overall it was definitely worthwhile and entertaining.

the lighting and fur throughout was impressive (specific moments much more than others), and bolt's animation was superb.

I recommend!

Replies

• gracik
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I'v been wondering if this film was going to be good. But you make it sound like
    it should be worth checking out.
  • Slum
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Slum polycounter lvl 18
    Originally I wasn't really interested. Seems like a typical filler CG film before the big-big ones hit. I saw it tonight, and actually, it was really good. The characters are hilarious, in a Finding Nemo sort of way. The hamster was absolutely awesome.
  • thomasp
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thomasp hero character
    trailer looked really nice for this, i thought it was some pixar thingy at first. i'm sure the movie is just the standard shut-the-kids-up-for-an-evening family entertainment and i won't go see it but the production standard seemed very good, animation and lighting especially.
  • Tumerboy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tumerboy polycounter lvl 17
    I saw it this weekend and thought it was ok, but not fantastic. I saw it in 3D in a theatre packed with kids, so that was entertaining in itself.

The Pigeons were the best part! Thought he hamster was pretty good too.
  • e_x
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    e_x polycounter lvl 18
    Saw this last night and enjoyed it a lot. Great animation and you could really see John Lasseter's influence all over the film. Story is a bit bland, but Rhino the hamster and the pigeon's really make up for it.