Home Technical Talk

Max 2009 problems?

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Spark polycounter lvl 18
Since I have started Id, I have been working in 2009 version of Max, with nothing but continious crashes ( sometimes up to 40 times a day ) Needless to say this is becoming difficult to get any work done, and was hoping to see if anyone else has this problem, and might know a workaround? I appreciate any help, as I would like to solve this without having to revert to a different version or software package.

Specs of my computer:
Intel: Core(TM)2 CPU
6600 @2.40GHz
2.40 GHz, 8.00 GB of RAM

Thanks
Spark

Replies

• JasonLavoie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JasonLavoie polycounter lvl 18
    Up to 40 crashes :( Dumb suggestion but have you tried re-installing? I don't know what that'll do to your license but man, with so many crashes there has GOT to be a reason.

Does it fully crash your PC or is it just the software? Does it give out any error reports or just completely crash?
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ouch 40 crashes that would be back breaking...

I've been using 2009 on the same chip and haven't had nearly that kind of bad luck. More like a crash a week, and its normally obvious what I did to piss it off. Slamming way too much animation data around.

What kind of video card(s) are you using?
    Done any driver updates recently?
    Is it any more stable in OpenGL or (GAH) software mode?
    Using any custom shaders or viewport settings to display advanced materials?
    Having any issues with other apps or running games?
  • Spark
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Spark polycounter lvl 18
    Hey guys, noticed I put this in the wrong thread ( thanks for the move to technical talk ). I did do a full restall and still the same problem, as for the vid card I have the latest Nvidia card with 1gig of memory, and latest drivers on my install. Haven't tried switching to an(GAH) software mode, so I will try that Vig. No other issues with any other programs, and no custom shaders that I am doing in max, just a mt file that references your shaders for the Doom Engine. I have gotten Max 9 installed to abate some of my fury for a bit and hopefully can get some more things thrown at me to try.

Preciate the help
    Spark
  • Empty
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Empty polycounter lvl 18
    I know Low Odor was having tons of issues with it at work. There is a few hot fixes that he installed, so far it seems to have worked.

I think this is it but I'll ask him tomorrow what he did exactly.
    http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/index?siteID=123112&id=2334435&linkID=9241178

We're using the 64 bit version

Good luck dude hope you figure it out.
  • low odor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    low odor polycounter lvl 17
    Yeah..I was crashing every ten minutes....I installed the service pack and it worked fine..I also stopped using the Nvidia specific Max drivers..
  • Spark
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Spark polycounter lvl 18
    The hotfix seems to have worked wonders, though none of the issues that they have within the fix were the ones that I was having trouble with. Either it is a nice side effect, of Autodesk is lying and has like 10,000 fixes within the patch and are only listing 2 so not to look like shits for putting out such a buggy product. Thanks for the help guy's and I apprecaite you taking the time to help.

Spark