Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

First real level work (In progress)

Thanks for the advice Ive taken note and will make the appropriate changes thanks I should update either tonight or tomorrow

Replies

• Daaark
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Daaark polycounter lvl 17
    Reminds me of Unreal 1.
  • MachineMinded
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Post layout, please. :)
  • cholden
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cholden polycounter lvl 18
    Your scope is probably out of reach. As an individual presentation, the interior corridor, outdoor area or temple would be within your grasp. Attempting to do them all at once will leave each wanting.

That said, one thing for each section:

For the interior, you have detail and depth modeled in the walls, but the floors and ceilings are flat. They should be just as detailed.

On the temple, are you using BSP to build that, particularly the stairs? Because that's a no-no. It should all about static meshes built in max.

The exterior walkways appear unsupported and weak. A little depth goes a long way. A support piece can be added to the bottom for a big help.

supbrorn3.jpg
  • steady
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    steady polycounter lvl 18
    i like the bottom pic, but the stairs could be a bit more rocky. right now they are straight cut and have no irregularities. looking forward to seeing more :)
  • rooster
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rooster mod
    Daaark wrote: »
    Reminds me of Unreal 1.

heh the indoor ones reminded me of quake
  • Snowman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sorry my thing had to be moved.

Here is my level I am currently working on for class.I am a second year game student and this is our first level.All things (except the fire which will be changed) is mine and the level is in work progress any crits and comments welcome.

Image01.jpg
    Interior Section

Image02.jpg
    Interior Shot 2

Image03.jpg

Another small Wall

Image04.jpg

Outdoor Shot No Fog

Image05.jpg
    Image06.jpg
    Image07.jpg
    Outdoor With Fog

Thanks for the comments that have already been received I look forward to more
  • WipEout
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    WipEout polycounter lvl 15
    You should have left the work up. The longer it's up, the more feedback you would receive... And even if the feedback was too late to implement, it may be useful for the next project...