Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

UT3 The Ball: Oztoc - Characters

Hey all!

Haven't posted here for a while.
The UT3 mod "The Ball: Oztoc" is released and we'd like to show some of the models we created for it. Hope you like it =)

The new ball made by Tores (maya viewport screen grab)
ballmaya944.jpg

Ingame shot
balling321.jpg

Undead monkeys which you meet in the levels (Author: Tores)
Don't get confused by the old version of the ball in the background.
monkeys327.jpg

The guardian of the Temple who observes the player while playing through the levels.
Done by myself. A friend of mine who's a great concept/texture artist made the texture of the guardian look more Aztec. Here is an ingame shot.
kinging328.jpg

A Mental Ray render of the guy and the highpoly
oztoc671.jpg
kinghp450.jpg

Thanks for watching =)

Forgot to add the Moddb link http://www.moddb.com/mods/the-ball

Replies

• whats_true
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    whats_true polycounter lvl 15
    The character doesn't translate well ingame, though looks fabulous with Mental Ray. Whats his texture size? Seems kinda low for the ingame.

That ball, however, looks even better in the game then the render you posted. Very cool :]

Looking at your video for the game, it looks fantastic. Is everything custom made?
  • MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    That temple guardian highpoly is sweet. Very nice work. Texture looks good too.
    I agree that it seems to be losing something in the in-game shot. Seems like too much ambient light there, or the specular is maybe too bright overall, it looks a little washed-out to me.

Cool stuff though, I like it!
  • BoilingOil
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BoilingOil polycounter lvl 16
  • DrElu
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for the comments for far!

Yeah, most of the stuff is custom made. Except the weapon (we're still using the stock melee weapon) and a few stock materials/particles.
    As for the guardian texture, the maps are 2048s actually. Diffuse, Normal and Spec.
    Though the spec was scaled down for ingame use. Besides Hourences added a cube map for the reflecting gold plates.

thanks again! Glad you like it =)