Home Technical Talk

batch render problem in maya 8.5

hi all,

has anyone here experienced this particular batch rendering problem in maya 8 or 8.5?....
i can make beautiful still renders with mental ray. but i go on to batch render an animated scene...and it doesn't work. nothing happens. i just get this error message in the script editor -

"Could not create command port : tpmd-b48cda3b4d:7835"

what am i doing wrong?

thanks in advance

jase

Replies

• Illusions
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Illusions polycounter lvl 18
    If its urgent you could try to just command line render it. In Maya Help just search for "Command line render", it should be under the heading "Rendering and Render Setup" that shows up, and its #65.

Here is also a useful list of commands: http://caad.arch.ethz.ch/info/maya/manual/Utilities/Render.fm1.html

Edit: you can also do it from a batch file, which is just putting those commands into a .txt file, then renaming the file type to .bat

You can find other resources using google if you decide to go that route, or I might be able to answer any questions you have. If you still run into an error though, I'm not quite sure.
  • purple monkey
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thanks for that, illusions. but i found the solution. for those interested:
    2 things to do:

1. go to preferences. applications. disable command port. this is something to do with the way maya communicates with something else...i don't know...geek speak!

2. tell your antivirus software to allow maya to connect to the internet. again. not sure what these things do. don't really care either. but it worked! now i have lovely mental ray batch renders!

there's not enough common sense in the world!

cheers

jase