Home General Discussion

Bungie Trailer released!

Replies

• Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joshua Stubbles polycounter lvl 19
    Congrats! Looks like it could be very cool :)
  • TheSplash
  • Armanguy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Armanguy polycounter lvl 17
  • IronHawk
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    IronHawk polycounter lvl 10
    sweet! Looks cool. =)
  • hawken
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hawken polycounter lvl 19
    looked nice until I saw that halo dude.

is it just me that thinks the character design in halo is rubbish?

seriously, you have to be like 12 years old to appreciate it.
  • monkeyboy_garth
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    monkeyboy_garth polycounter lvl 9
    Cool! Wait - It comes out a year from now?...ah crap!
  • eld
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    eld polycounter lvl 18
    woooh! helljumpers!
  • Tulkamir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tulkamir polycounter lvl 18
    Nice trailer, looking forward to this. :)
    hawken wrote: »
    looked nice until I saw that halo dude.

is it just me that thinks the character design in halo is rubbish?

seriously, you have to be like 12 years old to appreciate it.

Obviously, I mean I really doubt Bungie would be able to attract any decent character designers so it makes sense. It's nice that there is someone edgy ike you to point it out for them though.

(Yes it's just you. It achieves its goals incredibly well. You may not like it on a personal level, but it's far from rubbish).
  • Asmuel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Asmuel polycounter lvl 17
    that was pretty meh. nothing new at all really. except for an expensive cinematic they probably outsourced.

I'm sure I'll play it though.

Yea its not just him Tulk. I'm a halo fan, but I cant see any reason why they cant get better character artists/designers. They must have mountains of money. And I cant think of any artist who wouldn't be keen to contribute to Halo.

But yes, I think the new armor is a step in the right direction.
  • Emil Mujanovic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Emil Mujanovic polycounter lvl 18
    I'm with hawken here. I too really dislike the character designs in Halo, be it Master Chief or the other explosion of random coloured aliens. Sure they are distinguishable from a distance and are vibrant so you can pick them out from the environment. Not everyone happens to be a Halo fanboy.
    *high fives hawken*

The vid was pretty cool though. Well, the first two thirds anyway. It was a really nice build up and then ended a little anti-climactically.

-caseyjones
  • Thegodzero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thegodzero polycounter lvl 18
    I like! For me the design is great because it has a very functional feel to it. Personally i like that armor more that the MC armor. I like that for the game they don't have to make any multiplayer for it, as they already have halo 3 for that. I'm just hoping for up to 8 player co-op, but i'll be content if i get 4.
  • arshlevon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    arshlevon polycounter lvl 18
    jsut watched the trailer, i like the new armor wayyyyyyy more than the dirt bike riding master queef
  • eld
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    eld polycounter lvl 18
    People, you do realize that this is not exactly a new armour design, they've been around since where you actually see them ingame in halo2, and at the point later where you actually do an orbital drop with them.
  • aesir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    aesir polycounter lvl 18
    im with hawken but I understand why its far too late to be drastically changing things up. If only the first char designer had known he wasn't making a small PC game and was instead making the most prolific console series ever.

I must admit to a personal grudge against Halo though. I first read about it in a computer game mag. It said PC. Then, it came out for a console I didnt own. Oh the madness...
  • gavku
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gavku polycounter lvl 18
    I'm totally with Hawken and Casey, never liked any version of the halo soldiers.
  • Wells
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wells polycounter lvl 18
    I'm excited. I always liked the city level of Halo 2 the best. More of that is a good thing.

I like this dude better than MC. It's the visible fingers that does it for me, oddly enough.
  • Foehammer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Foehammer polycounter lvl 18
    ODST 4 Eva! hell yeah, i'm excited about this, course I'm neck deep in ODST over here in HW land, but yeah they should be pretty different from playing the MC, looking foward to it!
  • bounchfx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bounchfx mod
    This looks fun
  • ebagg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ebagg polycounter lvl 17
    I have no idea what is going on, so was New Mombasa abandoned, so they shot a bunch of those recon troops and trashed their city right before the Covenant took over? Seems odd, especially when 2 showed the invasion and battle for Earth as being this huge battle for the city, while this seems like you're stealthily stalking dark streets. Eh it is a trailer a year out, but it raises questions about how it fits the canon of the series.

I need to check out the extended stuff about the Halo-verse, the series had a pretty average sci fi story but the fanboys swear by the novels and such.
  • SHEPEIRO
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SHEPEIRO polycounter lvl 17
    aghhh fuck it ill buy it
  • Quokimbo
  • Rox
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rox
    ebagg wrote: »
    I have no idea what is going on, so was New Mombasa abandoned, so they shot a bunch of those recon troops and trashed their city right before the Covenant took over? Seems odd, especially when 2 showed the invasion and battle for Earth as being this huge battle for the city, while this seems like you're stealthily stalking dark streets. Eh it is a trailer a year out, but it raises questions about how it fits the canon of the series.

Go back and look at it again. Notice that the city is completely empty and competely destroyed. Not only does the trailer take place mostly after the battle, it takes place after Truth jumped into slipspace inside the atmosphere, taking out the entire city with the shockwave. I'm guessing the ODSTs were sent in to clean up the mess after the Master Chief left. And one of them got lost somehow, now with only the city's funny and friendly AI to guide him.
  • Thegodzero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thegodzero polycounter lvl 18
    "I'm guessing the ODSTs were sent in to clean up the mess after the Master Chief left. And one of them got lost somehow, now with only the city's funny and friendly AI to guide him."

Sounds like a bad sitcom... *waits to hear the nbc sound play*

"Coming next spring on NBC, A lone ODST trooper is left in the destroyed city of mombasa search's for a way home with the help of the city's quirky AI and some friends he meets along his way."
  • Rens
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Personaly i find the designs very well done, they fit the bill perfectly.
    I have the feeling you'll wanted them to run around in gears of war suits and use steroids? (wait.. odst's do use steroids..)

I hope they fit in some massive battles, halo should be one big battle ground, not just some lonewolf game. So indeed, 8 multiplayer plax! Me wantz batttles!

Trailer got me excited, so i guess it did its job!