Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

G3i Assault Rifle W.I.P

Alright heres a model thats taken me a couple of hours to complete,

Poly count is about 900
And i don't think I'll be adding any more details. I coudn't think of any thing else to add to it.

G3iwip8.jpg
What are the black lines when i render above and below the Shell ejection? VVVVV
G3iwip7.jpg

Replies

• dbreak
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dbreak polycounter lvl 10
    I think just add a mussle aimer thinger- and It be pretty sweet and Tactical looking.
  • Dante1217
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    yeah, if you need any ideas, contact me, weapons (guns especially) are my speciallty.
  • PixelMasher
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PixelMasher veteran polycounter
    hmmm i really think this could benefit from some more details man. It seems kinda flat a boring at the moment to be completely blunt. from a first person view there wouldnt be too much interesting detail to look at.

you could add a rail system, fore grip and maybe some extra contours on the side to spice things up, even a strap mounted on it could add extra interest. right now it looks like a cross between a SCAR and a G36 so maybe push that een further and incorporate more elements from those guns. it just needs something to give it that extra oomph.

hope this wasnt too harsh, there is potential there for something awesome man, just give it that final spit shine :P
  • MLinderholm
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MLinderholm polycounter lvl 12
    I'm no expert at guns, but the grip strikes me as a bit too box-shaped to be comfortable.

Found a picture of something similar (g3 sas, dunno the differences between models tbh)

g3sas.jpg
  • tj990
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sure, i'll add a rail system and a fore grip but im trying to keep the polys under 2000.
    It's supposed to be a gun from the near future.
  • Jonas Ronnegard
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jonas Ronnegard polycount sponsor
    Then why use a name that already exists? O_O
  • Jeansson
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    can you post some wires please :)
  • tj990
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Heres an update so far, ive taken the advice.
    It's up to about 2,100 polys, which i tried making this gun as low poly'd with as much detail as possible. The mesh is a little messy. I'm happy that it looks alot better than before. I spent the whole day working on it, i havnt been able to work on it much over my skool holidays though.

Modifications:

* added strap rings
    * Modified Gun barrel
    * added extra contours on the sides
    * Grip
    * Modified Magazine
    * Remodeled r.o.f switch
    * fixed some face and vertext collisions
    * Side rail system

G3iwip17.jpg
    G3iwip18.jpg
  • tj990
  • renderhjs
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    renderhjs sublime tool
    i hate bumping,

regarding the model:
    to boxy, work with smoothing groups and add some curves- right now it looks like was extruded from spline shapes.
    Ambient occlusion renderings dont show very well the realy shape (it often feels more like flat surface) - try combining it with a real rendering to get more contrast- but alone its not so usefull.