Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

WIP Prototype

polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
amadeux polycounter lvl 8
hey folks,

Iva had my eye on this forum for a very long time and regret not making any posts. I go to the Art institute of Tampa and got less than a year to graduate. Been getting nervous the closer I get to finishing so I decided to post some of my work and see if anybody can help me sharpen my skills. I don't get too much feedback on improving texture quality at school cause they seem to concentrate too much on learning the software, but I guess it's up to me.

anyways, Ive been working on a prototype project and I feel like I'm taking too long on the process. here's my character
dae_render_02.pngdae_render_01.pngDaedelus_Diff.png

I pretty much keep everything separated in layers and basically work one with a black value to do the modeling, another for the color, and another for details. Ive notice that some pretty much do it all in one layer, like a painting, but I do it this way in case I want to make changes or use the values of certain layers individually (like, for normals or specularity).

I would really appreciate as much feedback. I have no problem with harsh critiques, its worth hearing from you.

thanks in advance

Replies

• J Randall
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    J Randall polycounter lvl 15
    pretty good so far, his ass looks funny, theres mirroring issues in the crotch all together, punch up the detail on the rest of the texture, maybe post a wireframe with a blank color so we can crit the topology.
  • amadeux
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    amadeux polycounter lvl 8
    Thanks for the reply Randall, I made fixes you mentioned in your response. Heres the wires and updates. its at about 3,100 tris with a 1024x texture.

Dae_01.pngDae_02.pngDae_03.pngDae_04.pngDae_05.pngDae_06.pngDae_07.png

Daedelus_Diff.pngDae_Ren_01.pngDae_Ren_02.pngDae_Ren_03.png

one of the issues that I'm dealing with right now is matching the seams. I keep having to go back and fourth to retouch the areas. It really makes em regret taking the unwrap for granted, I really know to take a more serious approach in the future. If anybody has any suggestions on this please let me know.

Dae_Ren_04.png