Home Contests & Challenges Archives

Unearthly Challenge | EVIL | Thrillogy of EVIL

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
EVIL polycounter lvl 18
I'm fighting for polycount again, Conceptart this time.
Going to start with this tomorrow, don't know what I'm gonna do yet, might link one of the three environments to my dominance war 2 creature (dolor) somehow, maybe illustrating an environment on their homeplanet.

- EVIL

Replies

• EVIL
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    EVIL polycounter lvl 18
    EVILThrillogy_1_0.1.jpg
    First sketch of the first environment.

I'm thinking about a sacrificial room with a huge monolyth hanging above it, attached to it is a huge spike which is sharp

Here is the formula:
    Spike + sacrifice = gate to desired area.
    Basicly; the energy from pain and death is used and channeled via the spike into the monolyth, in turn allowing a passageway to be opened.
  • EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    You do realize you need to start from one of the exsisting concepts, right?
  • man_o_mule
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    man_o_mule polycounter lvl 18
    EQ: I believe he's doing a 2D submission. Thus doesn't have to base his off of one of the provided pieces of concept art.

Good start. gonna keep an eye on this and see how it turns out.
  • Kawe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kawe polycounter lvl 8
    I think you should kill the symmetry as much as possible. cause I.. well.. there are many reasons. one of them is storytelling. it'd nice if there's a story going from one side to another side of the image and symmetry could screw it up. my opinion :)
  • EVIL
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    EVIL polycounter lvl 18
    EarthQuake - I don't, I'm doing the 2d/Concept Art side in this competition
    man_o_mule - thanks
    Kawe - Good point, I wanted to set the scene in my head first in the form of a small sketch -which is the sketch I posted above- and then try to see how I can make it as interesting as possible from a storytelling perspective. I have never been much of a visual storyteller, my pure illustration assets arent as strong as my concepting assets so thats a big point I'm trying to improve upon and hopefully this contest will be a milestone for that.