Home General Discussion

Looking for a game...

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Slum polycounter lvl 18
I can't remember the name of this darn game.. It was a turn-based, hex tile based strategy game (similar to FF Tactics and the like) for Windows. It's not very old, probably from 2003 or so. If I remember correctly, it was one of those korean-or-something games with bad translations, all-over-the-place art style, and little or no storyline.

It was all about playing on a LAN or internet. I used to play with a friend all the time at LANs.

I can't remember the name of it.. any ideas folks?

Replies

• leilei
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    leilei polycounter lvl 14
  • Slum
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Slum polycounter lvl 18
    Hmm, thats not it, but it looks kind of cool. Not too far off the mark, though. Thanks.
  • Michael Knubben
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    When you mentioned the lack of storyline, Battle for Wesnoth was the first to pop into my head, yeah.
    Have you got anymore info? I'm just going to list a few turnbased strategy titles now, but chances are those won't be it:

-Heroes of Might & Magic
    -Age of Wonders
    -Netstorm: islands of war (realtime, but I think it was hex-based too)

I'm racking my brain, but that's all the names I can think of now, although I KNOW I've played so many more, and these are all the most quality ones as well, so maybe not what you're looking for.
  • Slum
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Slum polycounter lvl 18
    Thanks pea, those aren't it though.

It has some kind of silly asian game name like "Vanguard of Battle" or something similar.
  • Steve Schulze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Steve Schulze polycounter lvl 18
    Netstorm isn't hex based. I still play that quite often. Still unrivaled as my favourite RTS of all time.
  • Joseph Silverman
  • Slum
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Slum polycounter lvl 18
    Yes! Vantage Master! I knew it started with a V... Thank you suprore!
  • man_o_mule
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    man_o_mule polycounter lvl 18
    wow, i can't tell if i would want to try that game based on that website.......that site is just bad......is it a fun game?
  • Joseph Silverman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joseph Silverman polycounter lvl 17
    No problem. I second man_o_mule's question though, is the game any good? I downloaded it once but never actually started playing it.
  • Asmuel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Asmuel polycounter lvl 17
    Since this mystery has been solved, here is another.

I remember a PC sidescroller about a haunted house. It had zombies, old ladies throwing knives, spiders etc. On the first screen before entering the house, you can climb up the side of the house on the left side of the screen, there may have been some type of secret up there. And you can look at the upper levels of the house from up there. When you go into the house there are zombies walking down the stairs, you wait till the come down to blow them away with your shotty. You then ascend up through the house killing shit.

go!
  • leilei
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    leilei polycounter lvl 14
    Dangerous Dave in the Haunted Mansion by id software published by Softdisk.
  • Asmuel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Asmuel polycounter lvl 17
    Dude. thats so out of it that I never realized id made it. I fucking loved that game. I was only 5 when it came out, and I remember the game play clearly, but I guess the name didn't stick with me. So I never made the connection.

Thanks leilei.
  • kwakkie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kwakkie polycounter lvl 12
    Here's another one:

Its a game for the NES I used to play with my dad. It was a side scrolling platformer much like mario, only with more fighting. You could change into 4(or more?) characters, I can remember you could level up with these characters while playing a level... or something like that. I can only remember that you could turn into a dragon that could fly and breather fire(like most dragons do), and a mouse that could lay bombs and go trough small tunnels, there was also a 'generic' guy I think... I remember one level in particular: you had to try and stay on a raft and it was insanely hard!

Would be nice to play it again since it was the first game I have ever played by myself(I was about 6 years old back then), my dad actually had to help me most of the time tho hehe