Home General Discussion

"Quidam" 3D Character creating program

polycounter lvl 11
Offline / Send Message
Yozora polycounter lvl 11
http://www.n-sided.com/3D/galerie_video.php?support=quidam

Anyone heard of this before? I'm surprised I never even heard of it until now...

At first I thought it was something like spore creature creator, but you can actually do a lot more such as sculpting on the mesh and making it low poly.

I know it cannot replace the programs we use since it has alot of restrictions and I'm not suggesting it can, but it does a pretty good job at making a workable pre-rigged/textured/uved base mesh very quickly. Although the UVs do seem to be seperate for every single body part but the textures can still be baked to a proper UV layout easily anyway.

Furthermore, it looks very friendly for people who don't have experience with any 3d software and enough to make basic humanoid characters.

Theres even this feature where you can use reference images as a "stencil" so you can paint the photo directly onto the model from different views, again, not perfect, but very easy to do and then edit later in photoshop.

I haven't actually tried it though so I don't really know anything about it, feel free to discuss.

Replies