Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Dodge Challenger WIP

Hey first post here!

This is my current work in progress, first go at modelling a car and I've just kept adding to it as I went along.
Its not based on any particular version of the 70s Challenger, the front is a 71 and the back has bits of the 70, and the 72.

Polycount is 5479

Clay Render
dodge-grey.jpg

Wire
dodge-wire.jpg

Front
dodge-1.jpg

Back
dodge-2.jpg

Main thing bugging me with it at the moment is the normals on the doors, the shading at the bottom is off compared to the rest of the bodywork.

Any and all C&C will be greatly appreciated :)

Replies

• Kaneth
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Do a push wire render - oh i live with Jay at uni, Its ok for me to be brief :D
  • Baddcog
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Baddcog polycounter lvl 9
    Pretty nice Charger there (jk, that's what I told the last guy that posted a challenger).

A little hard to see those wires but it looks like a pretty good use of polys. The door is a little funky but i don't have any advice on fixing it. Maybe just a little photoshop touch-up?
  • MLinderholm
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MLinderholm polycounter lvl 12
    Nice car!
    A bit to see from the wire and grey render not overlayed, but could it be that the edges on the bottom of the door is a hard edge whle the bottom of the sides is a soft edge? The quite agressive shading you have on the side of the car seems to disappear around the wheel housings. Try making it into a hard edge or add a supporting edge loop to even out the normals. (If the problem is what i think it is)