Home Technical Talk

Zbrush and freaking scaling

Sage
polycounter lvl 19
Offline / Send Message
Sage polycounter lvl 19
Have you ever accidentally just clicked when trying to zoom into the object which I guess is the short cut for scale when in edit and your model jumps to the center of the screen and the objects ends up either too small or freaking huge. Well I have never wrapped my brain around this awesome feature, it leaves me wondering what the hell is going on. If the models turns out tiny how the hell do you make it bigger than when zbrush decided it can go big enough. What leaves me scratching my head is that it was "working" before and then it just stops. This kind of thing is what always get my blood boiling when I use the app. The shortcut I'm referring to is the infamous press alt + left mouse button then release the mouse button. If anyone know what setting to set to avoid this crap let me know. Thanks.

Replies

• artstream
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    artstream polycounter lvl 11
    Press "F" to recenter your sculpt, not quite sure if there's a way to avoid the alt+let go of mouse.
  • System
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    System admin
    If you left click scale or move, the object is recentered at it's initial drawsize or fitted to screen, can't remember which. Scale doesn't affect the size of the object when exporting but seems to be the only way of blowing up regions without revolting pixellation. But naa that never happened to me, just switch between mouse and pen tab depending on operation.
  • Sage
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sage polycounter lvl 19
    I was playing with z spheres when the above happened. The model would recenter but it was tiny. Maybe they were just too small when I made the zspheres. What's the quickest to scale everything if the the alt + mouse combo to scale doesn't work? I'll try F to recenter and see if that fixes it, and left clicking on scale and move to see what happens. Thanks for the feedback.

Alex