Home Technical Talk

Shiva / StoneTrip ?

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Richard Kain polycounter lvl 18
Hey has anyone tried this game engine / development system out before? Here's their site for anyone who isn't familiar with them.

http://www.stonetrip.com/

I've downloaded their software once before, but couldn't really get into it because all of the documentation was in French. Apparently they just released a new version. (and now they actually have some docs and tutorials in English) Perhaps more interestingly, they offer a personal learning edition that doesn't expire. I am interested in giving it a try, but was just wondering if anyone around here has ever used it. It seems their engine supports Collada for the import of models and animation.

Replies

• CrazyButcher
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    CrazyButcher polycounter lvl 18
    other than looking at "features" and running demos, no hard experience. However I know someone who tried to work with it on commercial level (he really liked the inbrowser stuff). As he was more of a programmer guy, he didnt like the fact everything was so "editor driven", ie. what looks nice at the beginning for "non-coders", is ugly when you need many mouse clicks and such, instead of more direct way of setting up scenes and alike... of course on an artist board, that may not be seen as negative.