Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

It's been a while, so I'm going to art dump[IMGHVY]

Pezz3D
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Pezz3D polycounter lvl 18
This is going to be a big dump, but after all this time lurking I figure it's about time I post what I've been up to. Sorry for all the more traditional stuff, kinda downplaying the 3D work as of late. Anyhow here it goes....

18x24 CHARCOALS!!

sp3.jpg

kyle.jpg

Still WIP
cole.jpg

These are still 18x24 but are done with ballpoint pen and watercolors, sp's...

sp2.jpg

sp1.jpg

SKETCH!!!

pez5.jpg

pez4.jpg

pez3.jpg

pez2.jpg

pez1.jpg

Replies

• Pezz3D
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sketch4.jpg

sketch1.jpg

sketch2.jpg

sketch3.jpg

3D!!!

Newspapervendor.jpg

barrel.jpg

dumpster.jpg

cone.jpg

Not sure if I've posted thars before but....
    zbrush.gif

WIP:
    sculpt.jpg
  • Pezz3D
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TeeSHITS!!!

roark.jpg

nietszche.jpg

valis.jpg

essence.jpg

pkd.jpg

foureye.jpg

sleepster.jpg

wtf.jpg

marko.jpg

If anyones interested in the tees click me linkzzz....

http://www.tagless-tees.com
  • qubism
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    qubism polycounter lvl 18
    saweet"! not much else to say
  • Blue
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Blue polycounter lvl 18
    As a fellow lurker, I appreciate you posting. Thanks for the inspiration. Are you interested in feedback? If not please ignore the following:
    In the 2d work your rendering and lighting are well developed, but there's some roughness in how facial features are laid out. If you put a little more work into nailing proportions before going in and detailing, I'd have nothing to complain about though. Good work!
  • Pezz3D
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    qubism: Thanks!

Blue: I appreciate the feedback, it's what I'm lookin` for. I agree with what you said, I'll make a note of that next time I put pen to paper. Thanks for the kind words as well.
  • Josh_Singh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Josh_Singh polycounter lvl 18
    I really like your environment props. You actually made a cone look interesting. I like your 2d style too.
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Those are all great! I like the last one, it looks like an angry bum, painted his face white and ran into your shirt.

The 3D props are pretty cool. The normal/bump map on the newspaper stand looks to be going the wrong way? They are a bit noisier then I like my props but thats personal taste. I've also been working on way too many props for a TF2 map I'm working on so just about everything is filtered through TF2 colored glasses.
  • gauss
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gauss polycounter lvl 18
    some good linework, but for your traditional portrait drawings you need to pay a lot more attention to constructing the lines of the face. your eyes in particular are fairly well rendered, but look like they're floating in soup. either too close or offset in space in ways that make them appear not definitely attached to the head.
  • Pezz3D
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    GAUSS: I got a response from the mighty gauss! Thanks for the crits man, I'll keep working on it.

Vig: That newspaper vendors normal is a bit exaggarated I agree. I believe I have lurked through your props, if I remember correctly. Nicely done sir.

Josh: Thanks, I really appreciate it!

drew this for fun last night...
    thirdeye.jpg
  • ohnein
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Pezz, did you use to do PR for a mod called Red Orchestra? You seem familiar.
  • Pezz3D
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ohnein wrote: »
    Pezz, did you use to do PR for a mod called Red Orchestra? You seem familiar.

Among other things yes.

Edit: Gauss after looking more closely at the portraits your crit rang all too true, I need to work on that. Thanks for the feedback it's much appreciated. BTW I am a big fan of your stuff!