Home General Discussion

Jack Thompson now officially crazy

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Spark polycounter lvl 18
This was passed around yesterday at our offices, and thought I would share it here when I didn't see a post about it. Hopefully soon we will not have to deal with this guy, as it sounds like he is on his last leg.

http://kotaku.com/5013148/jack-thompson-walks-out-on-hearing-court-recommends-enhanced-disbarment

Spark

Replies

• pliang
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pliang polycounter lvl 17
    Is lethal injection possible for this man ???
  • Eric Chadwick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Haha, what a bizarre nutjob.
  • Tulkamir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tulkamir polycounter lvl 18
    Haha, yea this is so awesome. It's been going around here too. This guy is great entertainment.
  • adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    pliang wrote: »
    Is lethal injection possible for this man ???

You want him to be killed? Sorry Peter, this thread is only big enough for one nut-job.
  • Sage
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sage polycounter lvl 19
    I think if video games can destroy the morals and the simple concept of right and wrong taught by parents, then they are not fit to be parents. He is right, right. That's why he is facing disbarment. What a poor excuse of a human being this guy is. What's next people suing the city because they got a ticket for running a red light? Maybe we will start seeing signs up that say if you run the red light you'll get a ticket, what a joke this society is becoming. My child is out of control I don't what to do. It must be Satan and not you being an unfit parent.

Wait lets blame video games. My child played Grand Theft Auto and now is banging hoes, I don't know what to do? Damn you Rockstar Leeds if you didn't make these games my sweet child would still be an angel. Yeah that's a logical, responsible and mature mindset to have. Bunch of BS, especially because this game is for adults. Rated M for mature, I guess for some it means Rated M for merry WTF. Again if you can't get the simple concept of rated M then you should not have children period. Oh but family stores like Walmart sells them... Right they sell hunting knives and ammunition too, perfect gift for every kid.

Alex
  • Tumerboy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tumerboy polycounter lvl 17
    Florida Bar attacks with Enchanced Disbarment!

ITS SUPER EFFECTIVE!
  • Ajax
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ajax polycounter lvl 18
    Haha seriously, this guy is on another planet.
  • Jesse Moody
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jesse Moody polycounter lvl 17
    Wow this guy really is crazy as fuck!
  • Ged
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ged interpolator
    Its strange when you read his whole article because on one level he has some good intentions(to help the little ones) but he seems to have missed the issues of failed censorship and parenting problems or problems that individuals face, and has constantly aimed his attack at the actual games.

what I was wondering is, what would happen if most people actually did support jack? and he won his cases.

would the game industry be completely different? would we have no games with adult content, just all ages games that dont target any particular group of people?
  • bounchfx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bounchfx mod
    pretty sure he doesn't give jack shit about the little ones.

the way he conducts himself is just totally off base, it's not even remotely funny... because he is totally serious.

it hurts.
  • Rob Galanakis
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ged wrote: »
    what I was wondering is, what would happen if most people actually did support jack? and he won his cases.

would the game industry be completely different? would we have no games with adult content, just all ages games that dont target any particular group of people?

In a society where most people supported jack T, what video games would be coming out should be the least of my questions and worries.
  • Jesse Moody
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jesse Moody polycounter lvl 17
    In a society where most people supported jack T, what video games would be coming out should be the least of my questions and worries.

No shit huh? Damn that would be like living in a cult.

Don't drink the kool Aid