Home General Discussion

Dwarf Fortress- Amazing game

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
HonkyPunch polycounter lvl 18
www.threepanelsoul.com
Comic and link to download, AKA where I came across the game that would pretty much destroy the next week or so of my life beacuse it is so awesome.
I'm not sure if this has been posted on the forums before, but if it has I'm sorry, you have to play this.
Basically its ASCII graphics ala Nethack but so much more in depth

An example of gameplay from adventure mode;

I was walking through a gigantic fortress, filled with dwarves. Unfortunately for me, and later them, I became thirsty, and at this point had no water. So, what does a single dwarf do when dehydration pushes him to his breaking point?
Cut the head off another fucking dwarf and drink his blood to keep himself alive.
Yes, I pulled a cannibalistic move i'm not entirely proud of, but i had to survive.
Fast forward to an hour later...
I'm smothered in blood, most of it is not mine, i'm missing a leg, and somehow, i'm covered in vomit.
I ended up having to slaughter every dwarf between me and the exit to their tower, eating pieces of them along the way to drive away the pangs of hunger, and yet again drinking their blood.
At the exit, sunlight greets me. Trees surround me, and I feel accomplished, taking a step out into the woods.
Where a bear grabs me by the waist and rips me in half, spraying my blood and entrails all over the forest.
Now, I'm forced to start over.

Replies