Home Technical Talk

Few questions about enviornments for PSP and DS

Sage
polycounter lvl 19
Offline / Send Message
Sage polycounter lvl 19
Well I'm back to work on a portfolio for this type of work and I'm wondering how studios make textures for environments for these two platforms. Is the the development for the PSP similar to the PS2? I'm wondering because I have read tutorials that explained that the PS2 had very little texture memory but you could layer them with detail textures. So is the PSP similar, I heard that it's supposed to be like developing for the PS2. Any feedback you can provide and suggestions would be great. Thanks.

I was thinking about how to texture environments for the DS and decided I would make a few small 32x32 textures maybe some 64x64 and tile then to keep the model looking as sharp as possible, make some trims etc.

For the PSP from what I remember from the tutorial the author suggested to use several textures on one sheet that tiled so I figured I would try that, and make detail textures. What blend mode do detail textures use, is it mulitply I was going to see if I could rig up a shader for rendering?

Alex

Replies