Home Contests & Challenges Archives

DWIII - 3D - Armanguy- Color Splash

polycounter lvl 17
Offline / Send Message
Armanguy polycounter lvl 17
Reserving my spot for the 3d entry i have an awesome idea for a character ill post up some sketches in a it, cool.gif

Replies

• Armanguy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
  • Armanguy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I decided to go with the lion but change it so its more cartoony as alot of people are going for a hyper realistic/sci-fi serious look, I want to go in a totally different direction alot of vibrant colors on a darker background environment so it make it pop smile.gif i don't intend on winning or anything but i do think doing this competition will help me work on my organic model as most of my portfolio consists of alot of mechanical objects. im still not sure what the story is behind this guy but imma read over the brief again and make one with my next update hopefully. heres a bunch of heads im leaning toward #4 and i like the T shape of the body in #2 what do you guys think? ill bust out more body concepts.

lion.jpg
  • Armanguy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    decided to go ahead with the base of the model mostly worked on the head the body still needs a ton of work:

lionwip.jpg
  • oobersli
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    oobersli polycounter lvl 17
    maybe try and push the concept more. This has too much of a modern/urban look to it.
  • WickedFingers
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I don't know if you have already but gather up some references of 2 or 3 categories you think would be interesting and start to concept their style and form into your character. Hope this helps smile.gif
  • Armanguy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Id like to keep the style its in right now but ill concept out a few changes to the outfit so it doesent look so modern thanks for the crits guys, any ideas would be awesome smile.gif