Home Contests & Challenges Archives

DWIII - 3D - ElysiumGX - Lythia

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
ElysiumGX polycounter lvl 18
Time to start posting. Still working out the details.

Current Progress:
body_wip04.jpg

old image

Replies

• naruSol
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    naruSol polycounter lvl 18
    Interesting, but not really jumping out at me. I think it needs a few more passes to find some more personality and style. Figure out something to separate her from the other centaur-forms in the competition.
  • LampRabbit
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I think a combo of the top right and bottom middle would be your best bet .. maybe see what that looks like.
  • Sage
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sage polycounter lvl 19
    Good to see you entered. Interesting but it's to early to say. I like where you are going with it though.

Alex
  • TheCollect
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    looks like a hydralisk from starcraft, but in fat female, eggsack form....i like where this is going...

i think its ganna be along the lines of "erotic" "slimey" and "tight leather"

=D

looking good tho
  • kary
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kary polycounter lvl 18
    Interesting choice with the leg length, more lady bug then spider, so first impression is cute over threatening. That should open up the humanoid figure to tell more of the story instead of the standard 15' tall spider with the human torso playing second fiddle.

Good start, should be interesting smile.gif
  • Massius
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    reminds me of the Spider Daedra from Oblivion

Obliv21.jpg

but i must say i like the chunky almost crab like legs on your design and i sorta agree with kary on the cute thing, seems more...hmm bubbly and bouncy but not sickeningly cute or anything like that, but still sorta cute...which to be honest i like
  • Spark
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Spark polycounter lvl 18
    Actually that one from Oblivion reminds me of the Valgary from Doom 3, or Doom 3 Ressurection of Evil, can't remember what one she was in? I think you can find something more interesting Elysium, if you want to do a half chick, throw her on a scorpion or some other insect/creature.

Spark
  • Massius
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    www.japanesebugfights.com

for all your deadly insect goodness needs
  • ElysiumGX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for the replies, links, and advice everyone. I need it.

[ QUOTE ]
    reminds me of the Spider Daedra from Oblivion

[/ QUOTE ]

Massius: I hadn't seen that one in particular, but I have similar reference. Turns out the creature I'm aiming for is based on what's called a Drider from the D&D games. I almost titled the thread Deidra. laugh.gif

Honestly, I'm aiming for something more detailed, more aggressive, and more mythical in appearance. Not just a woman in a spider outfit. Something darker. For the whole concept. But for the moment, I'm restricted by my concept drawing skills...or lack thereof.

I'm currently blocking out the basic shapes I want in 3D to provide a better base for paintovers to get the look I want.
  • MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    She could be called Deirdre!
  • ElysiumGX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    She could be. Honestly, that name was on my list. Can't change the entry title. Finishing is more important.

More progress with concept. Quite possibly the most difficult stage for me during this challenge.

concept02.jpg
  • TheCollect
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    (roots on the erotic spider concept)
  • ElysiumGX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Overtime at the job, and numerous video driver installations later, I'm still trying to get this done on time.

Time to bring this into Mudbox.

I'm undecided on whether to sculpt armor on her, or make it a separate mesh. I'll see how it goes.
  • ElysiumGX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Progess from Mudbox. Working from the bottom up.
  • ElysiumGX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    blah blah blah jibber jabber yippee ki-yay

• ElysiumGX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    No progress. Just a simple shaded render as requested.

body_wip03.jpg

I should mention that this isn't the highest level of detail from mudbox. I've simplified it to work easier in an old version of XSI and a low budget video card. So it does appear somewhat bubbly. Also, my mistake for starting from a very low poly base. But I doubt my new PC will be delivered before the war is over.

Advice I've received so far: I will be thinning the legs to be less bulky. I will try to make the transition from creature to human look more unique. I will try to hurry the hell up because there isn't much time left.
  • ElysiumGX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    A idea I had on the direction I should take.

domwarfreaky.jpg

Some people seem to like it. I haven't decided. It kinda freaks me out.
  • JordanW
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JordanW polycounter lvl 19
    looking cool, the legs in the previous pictures had really nice details on them. I think the shapes you have goin on in the pelvis region are really cool, it looks like the part right below the belly stops before it gets to the back, why not have that wrap a little more around to the back, it would help it feel like it's a part of her.

Like I Said the legs you got goin on are pretty cool, they almost feel a little hermit crab like for some reason, might try making them a little larger so that it feels a little less like she's 'propped' up on them.
  • ElysiumGX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks tinman. I appreciate your advice. I would make the legs larger, but there is no room for them as it is. Which is leading me to think I should bring her down to only 6 legs. I took away some of the leg detail for now to focus on shape. And added more shape around her back to make her appear connected.
    body_wip04.jpg

My apps are stuttering bad. I've begun ordering parts for a new PC, but it won't be put together in time if I expect to finish this at all.
  • RedWhiteBlue
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Angry and loathing? not at all, i think she looks not only sexy from a half spider, half human perspective, but even as a human i wouldn't mind her wrangling me in her web if you get my drift....

=D
  • ElysiumGX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    who? what? you changed your name? i told you to post something hateful about my progress, and you've failed me again. SHUN!