Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Post Apoc Slaver

polycounter lvl 9
Offline / Send Message
Martin Henriksson polycounter lvl 9
This is for a school project. After a concept by Keith Thompson http://www.keiththompsonart.com/ . Due to a deadline i have to kinda rush this and finish the highpoly today and maybe even start the lowpoly. Next on my list is fixing the hands and then doing all the folds properly. If you have any crits please share ;p

iOagKRWnd.jpg

Replies

• Martin Henriksson
    Offline / Send Message
    Martin Henriksson polycounter lvl 9
    no crits? frown.gif anyways here is a small update, also started working on the lowpoly and done some initial bake tests will post some wips of that later. qTTXpwDli.jpg
  • CheeseOnToast
    Offline / Send Message
    CheeseOnToast greentooth
    It looks like a pretty decent sculpt, but you've lost a fair bit of bulk from the original concept, and you've made a lot of the detail more "skin tight" if that makes any sense. The concept has a much more interesting silhouette than your model at the moment. You could really do with making the trousers puff out more at the thighs, make that corrugated thigh protector much bigger and bend the knee protectors out more to match the concept. The chest armour needs a bit of scaling up too I think. Generally pay a bit of attention to the bagginess of the clothes and overall proportions, but you're not far off as it stands now.

edit: just a few more things. The hands look as though they could do with some more meat in the palm area. The sleeve tucked into the glove needs to cling tighter to the wrist area where it's tucked in (it's a bit awkward-looking at the moment), and flare the open part of the glove out a bit more. The belt looks as though it's just sitting on the surface rather than cinched in tight, and the objects hanging from it aren't pulling it down as they should. I'm not really sold on some of the cloth folds either. You might want to look at some reference other than the concept art to improve on this area. Some old WW II flight suits etc. can be good for this kind of thing. I've got a great pic of a Russian flight suit somewhere, I'll see if I can dig it out for you.

Things are pretty quiet in P&P just now. I was surprised you didn't get any feedback before now. Everyone's checking out the DW III stuff probably laugh.gif