Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

My TF2 Map

buddikaman
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
buddikaman polycounter lvl 18
Been working on this for a bit. A remake of Rock2 from tfc, turned tf2. Its a night time prison map, I havent started on lighting, still just blocking the level , creating look and feel, props, concepts, custom skybox, custom textures ect. Comments welcome!

[image]rockconcept1gc9.jpg [/image]
concept1ue8.jpg
tf2coptercopysp4.jpg
benchkc6.jpg
tproll02ja8.jpg
modelcopter01yf1.jpg
propsrb0.jpg
uvquestion1lc2.jpg
uvquestion2dg8.jpg

Custom Skybox texture.

rock2fuckup0007qn8.jpg
rock2fuckupsky1qt3.jpg
rock2fuckup0009ln0.jpg
rock2fuckup0011lf8.jpg

-Buddikaman-

Replies

• Mtg_kirin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hey looks great. Seems kinda high poly with some models, but if it can handle it then why not.
  • Xenobond
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Xenobond polycounter lvl 18
    Hell yeah, man! I'm pretty sure Rock was my favorite TF map. It had the core CTF feel, but with theme driven design coming from the two opposing prisons that made it a fun break from the normal 2forts/wells out there.

The only thing that kinda sticks out at me is the warmth and brightness of the red side. It doesn't really say 'prison' to me. I'm sure it's just because those are just placeholder lights, but maybe if the white part of the red/white walls was darker/greener/duller it'll give more of a prisony feel while still saying 'this is red team'.

Anyway, just some of my thoughts. Can't wait to see more.
  • Ape.of.Gods
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ape.of.Gods polycounter lvl 15
    Man do I miss this map. Cannot wait.
  • TorQue[MoD]
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TorQue[MoD] polycounter lvl 19
    You should post this over at interlopers.net Probably get a lot of good feedback there since its more of a mappers hangout.

Good work so far. Like that you're doing custom models and love the HWG in prison rags!
  • _Eclipse_
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    _Eclipse_ polycounter lvl 10
    yep, seems too clean to be a prison, but it rocks anyway
  • buddikaman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    buddikaman polycounter lvl 18
    Yeah, pretty much the red concrete textures are for the wardens office, which is semi- spytech. The otherside of the map is is the actuall prison cells which has a different texture set. However, im always open to creating new textures if anyone has in mind a certain type of look.

-Buddikaman-