Home General Discussion

Grinding games?

I would like to have some tips about games with "grinding-gameplay". Games like when there are hordes of enemies coming at you at the same time and you have powerfull weapons and just kill them all!
Games that Im thinking of are Painkiller, Serious sam, Diablo 2, Metal slug and so on.

Replies

• blankslatejoe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    blankslatejoe polycounter lvl 18
    up up down down left right left right B A start
  • pliang
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pliang polycounter lvl 17
    Use the highly sought after cheats...
  • indian_boy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    lol i thought this was along the lines of a game like '7 sins' or something .grinding hehe

but yea..

if its an fps:
    fire trigger, twirl right analogue

3rd person?
    fire trigger, twirl left analogue

3rd person 'melee' types?
    target lock trigger, AAA AAA AAA AAA AAA

all i can think up
  • John Warner
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    John Warner polycounter lvl 18
    i think the depth in those types of games is less in-game-space and more in-your-body. here's my quake 3 strategy:

i see an image of me winning, and i know that's the goal.

i know that i need to avoid getting killed, and kill the other players. i try anything to this end.. run around, jump about like a lunatic, what ever. i make distinctions based on what gets me closer or further from my goal by replaying what just happend in my head as an image, learning from it, and then talking to myself: ("ahh.. hovering in mid air makes me an easy target.. i'll stop doing that")

after that it's just a matter of applying all of these little distinctions to each situation, depending on contex. ("there's a guy below me, i could hop down, spin around, and fire a rocket at his feet") then it's being open to learning new distinctions.

the real point though is that the learning strategy that acquires skills is the game it's self, really. by asking for other people's specific distinctions you're cheating yourself out of fun i think hehe.
    truth be told, if you knew all of my distinctions, the game would be fucking boring, because you wouldn't be learning... whiiiicchh now that i think of it is why i don't play anymore.. i hit a plateau and i got bored i guess. that and masturbation is more meaningful.
  • ebagg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ebagg polycounter lvl 17
    Hold the trigger down until nothing is left moving. Circle strafe and bunny hope like crazy.