Home General Discussion

Savage 2 released

polycounter lvl 17
Offline / Send Message
Armanguy polycounter lvl 17
They just released Savage 2 im gonna buy it for sure when i get my new computer looks fun and different and its really cheap.

check it out guys:
http://savage2.s2games.com/main.php

Replies

• Ott
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ott polycounter lvl 13
    I haven't played it since the early days of Version 1, but that was pure badass, and a really great concept. Only shitty part was getting an asshat commander...but the balance and the leveling up stuff was really great. I'll have to check this one out smile.gif
  • JKMakowka
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JKMakowka polycounter lvl 18
    Too bad the Linux version isn't out yet, otherwise I probably would be playing it right now wink.gif
  • TheWinterLord
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TheWinterLord polycounter lvl 17
    Im playing the demo which is basically the full game but only for 5 hours. i played 2 of them, now im gonna take a long brake from it and see if the lag issues are solved otherwise i enjoyed the first one with my buddies :P

PS this game probably takes some time to get the hang of for new players but after that its fun.
  • Slum
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Slum polycounter lvl 18
    Sweeet. I'll be in on this one. Checking out the demo now. Hopefully it's as fun as it looks laugh.gif
  • aesir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    aesir polycounter lvl 18
    I played the first savage more than any other game I've ever played.

I think Im gonna avoid this for risk of losing my soul a second time.
  • Pseudo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Pseudo polycounter lvl 18
    I've had good fun playing Savage so far. Its a very frustrating game when you are playing people who are clearly better than you are. For the first couple hours I would run into a bunch of bad guys and get stunned a lot and die, rinse and repeat, add some banging of the mouse and keyboard and loud cursing.

After spending some more time playing I got a lot better, and it's been much more fun after getting over the rather steep learning curve.
  • Slum
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Slum polycounter lvl 18
    Definitely tough to get used to.. I'm getting better, but still not good enough to love it yet.

The art is hit and miss, mostly miss though frown.gif. The VFX are absolutely horrendous for the most part. Pretty sad for a fantasy game that relies heavily on FX. Oh well, I'm still playing it.
  • Martin Henriksson
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Martin Henriksson polycounter lvl 9
    really awesome game imo, its hard but once you learn how things work its just great. It has a few issues tho, most of them can be explained by the fact they are a small indie studio with no money ;p They seem to be working hard post release to fix all the things they didnt have time to do pre release.