Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Nyere SDK!

Hello all. This is a model I made years ago and my friend KP rigged and animated. KP put this SDK together and we thought we'd upload it to see if anyone wanted to play around with her.

nyere.jpg
nyere_rotate.gif
SDK
http://www.kpeterson.net/images/post/Nyere_SDK.rar
Killer Animation by KP
http://www.kpeterson.net/avi/Nyere_Archer_Animate_comp.avi

Have fun!

Replies

• cochtl
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cochtl polycounter lvl 18
    awesome possum!

the woodwork can't hold me back on this one!
  • sama.van
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sama.van polycounter lvl 14
    haha she recieves 5 arrows and she is fine with one in return laugh.gif
    I think she could maybe launch 5 arrow too, It can be more spectacular!! (I don't know if Rambo can do that too.. insterresting question, isn't it..)

And model doesn't have texture... do you need it? I can maybe...

Nice model and animation!
  • Cheshire
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks guys.

We dont need a skin for her. In fact i lost the original. :O But we thought it'd be fun for people to skin and pose if you have Max as the Rig is in the max file. Also Obj. and 3ds. files are incuded.

But have fun with it. Throw up your flats, poses, or whatever! We'd love to see what the community can do with it.
  • Chunkey
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Chunkey polycounter lvl 19
    Yo Cheshire!! I recognise that name!!! smile.gifsmile.gif welcome back to the big green planet dude laugh.gif

shall check the sdk friday (working extended hours, yay! ) might get something going smile.gif
  • dejawolf
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dejawolf polycounter lvl 18
    you got a newer SDK? oh wait, thats.. ahh, its not norwegian after all.
  • vahl
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    vahl polycounter lvl 18
    sama.van: that's the whole point of doing a SDK smile.gif people download it and texture it smile.gif

Cheshire : HAHA you there too smile.gif good good smile.gif brings back memories tongue.gif cool model dude
  • killingpeople
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    killingpeople polycounter lvl 18
    Cheshire's KP = not me wink.gif
    looks great, thanks!
  • Cheshire
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]
    haha she recieves 5 arrows and she is fine with one in return laugh.gif
    I think she could maybe launch 5 arrow too, It can be more spectacular!! (I don't know if Rambo can do that too.. insterresting question, isn't it..)

[/ QUOTE ]

The reason she only needs one arrow is because Orlando Bloom's girly ass is tryin to pull a Legalos on her, and she only needs the one shot to take his punk ass down.

Chunk: smile.gif Good to see you too.

Vahl: Always a pleasure!
  • Graphicalgeek
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Graphicalgeek polycounter lvl 10
    The reason she is only firing 1 arrow is because its the JFK magic arrow, and it just took out a whole army off camera.

M-M-M-M-M-Monster Kill!!
  • sama.van
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sama.van polycounter lvl 14
    [ QUOTE ]
    The reason she is only firing 1 arrow is because its the JFK magic arrow, and it just took out a whole army off camera.

M-M-M-M-M-Monster Kill!!

[/ QUOTE ]

no bad, no bad ahah I accept it! laugh.gif
  • Xenobond
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Xenobond polycounter lvl 18
  • pliang
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pliang polycounter lvl 17
    Indeed a great jorb :3
  • greenj2
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nice man. If I have one crit, it's that she does have some tig ol' bitties. Nothing wrong with that really, but I don't think they fit the rest of her physique. I'd take her down a few bra sizes myself, also maybe turn the boobs to point out to the sides a bit more. (And I can with an SDK grin.gif):

nyereniptuckvg2.jpg

Just my two cents, hope it's helpful. Thanks for sharing the mesh!
  • Soccerman18
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Soccerman18 polycounter lvl 18
    Hey Cheshire! Nice to see you around again. Gosh, first Dukester pops up and now you. Who's next? Harle? Hunter? Kirin? Petra? I know you're out there spying on all of us.

Awsome model. Are you planning on putting her in anything?
  • karera
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    karera polygon
    Cool!

dejawolf: i also thought it was a newer version..
    WhiteEagle: Shouldn't touch a lady's breasts like that, wink.gif
  • sir-knight
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sir-knight polycounter lvl 10
    doh the .max file was saved in max9 where's my sad banana guess I'll have to settle for studying just the mesh :P
  • Wells
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wells polycounter lvl 18
    Pretty cool animation.

KP - I thought you'd power leveled over there in Arizona or something. Go learn to animate.
  • sir-knight
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    very cool mesh... can someone tell me if it's standard practice to hide verts inside the mesh like that? I can see what they do in terms of giving some polys/thickness to stuff like the straps to her quiver.
  • Wells
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wells polycounter lvl 18
    hide verts? do you mean the intersecting geometry?
  • diZzyWalnut
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    diZzyWalnut polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]

M-M-M-M-M-Monster Kill!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Logic.
    That's what I'supposed ...
    JFK magic arrow laugh.gifcool.gif

Pretty cool mesh , man. wink.gif
  • sir-knight
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]
    hide verts? do you mean the intersecting geometry?

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, if you look at the wireframe, you'll see it...
  • Cheshire
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey Soccer! smile.gif i love seeing all the old timers!

O.K. as to the Verts question (intersecting parts)

This model is about 6-7years old and was made for a MOD Graphicalgeek (AKA KP rigger and animator) were working on with a couple other friends of ours.

It was to use UT2k3 engine and should weigh in somewere around the standard 3.5k polies if i remember right.

Anyways, i wanted to model all the detail where i could such as belts ect, but Graphicalgeek would never let me waste any polys on those parts like you can do now days.

So to keep the modeled pieces and avoid alphas this is how it was modelled to save on the polycount. Pretty standard proctice in the days of ol' however you wont see it much anymore with newer Hero style characters as they are able to use so many more polygons than before, and of course normal maps handle those kinds of things very well these days.
  • sir-knight
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ah very cool thanks. You'd be surprised at what can find it's uses, even with what is now considered uber polycounts vs what was then... people said sprite art was sort of obselete... but it's finding a home again in mobile games... guys like me have to reverse engineer 20 year old techniques and tricks... mobile3d in a short while will be up to the kind of polycount that those tricks might be useful again. Besides... I have a bit of OCD... I like to understand as much as I can about how things are done and how they were done... got to know where you came from to know where you're going.
  • Wells
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wells polycounter lvl 18
    Looked at the model - yeah, that's an extremely common way to save polys. Nothing wrong with it at all.
  • IronHawk
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    IronHawk polycounter lvl 10
    Nice model Cheshire. Good to see another Minnesotan here as well.
  • qubism
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    qubism polycounter lvl 18
    hey man looks sweet there ... yea um i wonder why didnt u put in a pose in the sdk tho. allways neat to look at it sometimes with some more natural standing look than the way u modeled it... i might try the whole thing later
  • Cheshire
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Qube! Great to see you! I'd love to see you skin this!

I think if you click the figure there is a pose, however im not sure as Graphicalgeek put the SDK together. Ill have a gander at it later and see.

If not im sure we can get a pose goin.

IronHawk: Minnesota=Gods Country. A very cold God...
  • Mtg_kirin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    wow fantastic. Thanks for sharing