Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

My portfolio, need feedback

polycounter lvl 13
Offline / Send Message
[HP] polycounter lvl 13
hey guys! smile.gif

www.helderpinto.com

I'm a Level Designer, and that's my website, I have it like this for almost a year now.
Although, inspired by this post: http://boards.polycount.net/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=73945&an=0&page=0#Post73945
I think I'm going to redo some of the stuff, I know this splashscreens are kind of old fashioned, so I'll probably put a gallery opening instantly on the root of the site, putting art directly in my face of the viewers, then in the upper section of the site, a permanent contact button and a link for my blog.

What do you guys think?

Replies

• Rick Stirling
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rick Stirling polycounter lvl 18
    The gallery is too small dimension wise.

It's clever and arty, bet essentially you are hiding the work that you desinged the site to show.

I had to scroll the pool balls, but the entire image would have easily fit on the screen. Don't add a layer of navigation to your images because the of the site design.

The menu wasn't obvious enough. Esentially you presented me with a photo of yourself.

The gallery should really open onto an image
  • PixelGoat
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PixelGoat polycounter lvl 12
    Personally I think you made the site to complicated while trying to make it look cool. Simplify it, so that you can get to the art in a nano second or less! Right now I felt the layout a bit confusing, and distracting.
  • pliang
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pliang polycounter lvl 17
    Imo...I thought you were trying to sell yourself...not your work.

The main thing to do would be simply have the images fit on screen and just have the option to enlarge it...less scrolling the better.

Very good quality though.
  • [HP]
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [HP] polycounter lvl 13
    Thank you very much guys, definitely some really nice feedback, I'll post here the beta version on my new website somewhere around tomorrow, or the day after tomorrow.
  • [HP]
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [HP] polycounter lvl 13
    Ok guys, renewed site is up! smile.gif

www.helderpinto.com

Thanks for all the useful feedback! wink.gif
  • aesir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    aesir polycounter lvl 18
    the button to go back the main menu is too small. I had trouble finding it the first time. Maybe make it larger and more clear what it is.