Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Reaver Leader (WIP)

artstream
polycounter lvl 11
Offline / Send Message
artstream polycounter lvl 11
New concept, not my concept, but my 3D rendition of it for class. I'm still working on the head, which is why it's not there, as well as getting its legs to look more round rather than blocky. C&C, as always, greatly appreciated.

valios_wire3.jpgvalios_wire1.jpgvalios_wire2.jpg

Replies

• Aldo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I think you could take out one or two of the rings in the forearm and it would still keep it's shape.

Also, you mention that you're working off a concept...would you mind posting the concept? It would just give a better idea of what it's supposed to look like.
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The legs seem to thin for the body, or the body is too bulky for the legs either way they don't seem to match up.
    Not a bad start but you have some work ahead of you, keep at it =)
  • artstream
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    artstream polycounter lvl 11
    Aldo: I'll try to see if I can get it from the CA, I won't see him till next thursday though. If you want to see my own concept > 3D model, check out my other post. But thanks about the edge loop reduction. I'm still trying to get a workflow down, and I saw Gavin's, so I'm trying to emulate that (the workflow, not the skill---that'll take YEARS to get that good)

Vig: Yeah, that was my biggest concern with this concept---ability to move. I'll need to re-ref the concept again, because it's the age old story of concept loses its sizzle to model sheet. Also, Vig---i've noticed a lot of your crits on other people's work and they're really helpful. Thanks for critiquing mine, and if you have the time, could you check out my other topic "Slag WIP", the concept is there.