Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

vehicle_fueltruck WIP 2

smedjeback
polycounter lvl 13
Offline / Send Message
smedjeback polycounter lvl 13
Hello, here are some new pics of my model. I have begun the texturing but have a long way to go yet. Any suggestions?

gas2.jpg
truck101-1.jpg

Replies

• Pedro Amorim
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Oh i'm liking it so far. smile.gif
    Very nice.

You could add some dirt where the wheels are. right now it looks like there are some, but reads more like its wet or somethinh.
    and of course the cliche grafiti on the tank. would be cool
    smile.gif
  • Dennispls
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dennispls polycounter lvl 16
    I would refrain from graffiti..
    the dirt and rust looks quite subtle
    don't be afraid to make it more contrasty.
    Also it would make it look a bit better if you overlaid a photo of some metal.
  • smedjeback
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thankyou, I will overlai a photo of some metal, but I'll don't think I'm going to put on grafiti. And there will be more dirt and rust!
  • Sage
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sage polycounter lvl 19
    I would darken the blue just a tad bit and maybe saturate it a little, it looks too baby blue for my taste. I imagine when you add a metal overlay to it it might fix that though. If the color is too light the overlay won't look too good. I think you should add some pin up art of ladies on it to make it look like the same trucker drives this thing all the time and made it his home. Add some scratches and dents to the doors, and perhaps different colors of cars to the bumper to suggest he has hit some losers on the road. Looking good.

Alex
  • Joao Sapiro
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joao Sapiro sublime tool
    i hope you dont normal map this, since you should have made the highpoly first, but im really digging the difuse work, push it really to its limits and youll have a really good piece smile.gif
  • smedjeback
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The idea for the pinup girl was really good! And the color will change. Ill get too it as soon I get some free time. Thanx!
  • Flewda
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Flewda polycounter lvl 17
    This is a great start on the diffuse work. It might not be a bad idea to make it a little more contrasty, but overall I think it's going in a great direction. Nice work.
  • Ape.of.Gods
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ape.of.Gods polycounter lvl 15
    Agree with Johny about the Normal Map. It looks great, but don't try to hamfist a normal map into this as it just won't look right, if you do go that route I'd keep it just for texture rather then trying to get the hipoly feel from it. But then at that point you might as well just bake it into the diffuse.
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Looks great! I'm glad you didn't give up on this one, the texture work is coming along nicely giving it a good spec map should go a long way in finishing this off.

My only beef is with how desaturated the texture looks. I'm going to take a guess that you're working on a laptop or a flat screen that has the digital vibrancy cranked? Causing you to muddy up the textures? Or you work in a very dark place? Either way I think you can do a 30sec fix just by turning up the saturation, and adjusting the brightness/contrast.

FuelTruckPaintOver.gif
  • smedjeback
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I will do a "fake" normalmap in photoshop using NVidias normalmap tool. Just for things like rust, dirt and screws.
  • pliang
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pliang polycounter lvl 17
    The filter doesn'
    t work too well unless you take the z depth and multiply it for details, usually its not enough.
  • Austin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I agree with Vig, it looks pretty dark, but as for the model and texture, it's coming along great.
  • smedjeback
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    You are right, It looks too dark and I will fix this! Thank you!