Home General Discussion

Project Origin Second Trailer

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Thegodzero polycounter lvl 18
http://media.xbox360.ign.com/media/812/812587/vids_1.html

This is the level that all the footage came from in the first trailer. This time you can get a good look at a part of the game.

Replies

• pyromania
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pyromania polycounter lvl 18
    Exploding oxygen bottles sweet! I'm really liking the fire effects. Is that some sort of laser/cutting torch weapon you set people on fire with?

It definitely seems scarier than FEAR. Those little gremlin guys are creepy as hell. I may need to invest in a cardiac defibrillator shocked.gif I also like the liberal use of blood in this one.
  • ebagg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ebagg polycounter lvl 17
    Too damn cool dude, this made me much more excited than the previous montage trailer. Very slick demo!
  • ebagg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ebagg polycounter lvl 17
    [ QUOTE ]
    Exploding oxygen bottles sweet! I'm really liking the fire effects. Is that some sort of laser/cutting torch weapon you set people on fire with?

[/ QUOTE ]

Seeing this posted by a person with the username "pyromania" makes me chuckle nervously.
  • Tiax
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    wow that looks really good, but i'll have to pass prob. i was having heart attacks at fear , no way i can resist this much smile.gif
  • JKMakowka
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JKMakowka polycounter lvl 18
    Hmm that looks more or less exactly like FEAR, ok maybe FEAR 1.5 (I know that it is done by the same guys).
    I really though that this was going to be something else than just a stand alone FEAR expansion pack...

Oh and I kept thinking why can't that retard aim at all, until I realized that this is a Xbox360 video confused.gif
  • Thegodzero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Well we do what we can with the tech we have.
    I do ask that you go back and play a video of fear after watching that video. I think you remember fear looking much better than it really did.
    Or you could watch a video of perseus mandate, it really is a stand alone FEAR expansion pack. Only its basically a fan fiction of fear so looks just like the first.
  • NeoShroomish
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I couldn't really see at that res, but it looks like the fpv weapons don't have huge smoothing errors all over them anymore :P Looks really nice with all the fire effects, I'm putting this on my "looking forward to" list laugh.gif

Question - is Extraction Point considered to be cannon according to this sequel?
  • Thegodzero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Project Origin is the sequel to FEAR. The expansion packs as far as i know are basically "what ifs".
  • Hito
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hito interpolator
    Will any of the characters from 1st game be in this one?
  • Gav
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Gav quad damage
    Congrats TGZ, looks groovy.
  • Uly
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Uly polycounter lvl 15
    Nice on the soft particles. Whoever was playing though was trying far too hard to make everything more dramatic. Never actually aiming at the enemy, and getting hit a billion times himself didn't help much.

Edit: And hats off to the composers, and whoever implemented all that wonderful gore.