Home General Discussion

Beautiful Katamari Demo on XBOX Live

polycounter lvl 17
Offline / Send Message
Tumerboy polycounter lvl 17
DLing now, anyone tried it yet? I loved the first one, missed the second, have high hopes for the third.

Replies

• Jesse Moody
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jesse Moody polycounter lvl 17
    i gave it a shot. it was pretty fun. then again creating a massive rolling ball of destruction that is made up of all the elements it comes in contact with is just fun anyways.
  • Toomas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Toomas polycounter lvl 18
    Wont launch on my euro 360 -.- I soo fukin hate regions.
  • snemmy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    snemmy polycounter lvl 18
    first of the Katamaris that i've played. will definately be picking it up smile.gif

and Eternal Sonata.. so pretty smile.gif
  • Rick Stirling
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rick Stirling polycounter lvl 18
    1/2 gig download, 3 minutes of play.
  • Tumerboy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    lol ya, but it's still awesome!
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    notman polycounter lvl 18
    To be honest, having never played the game, I thought the demo was sort of boring :/ I don't think the 3 minutes was enough to convey anything. That, or the environment was too small. I found myself getting stuck all the time and not getting any momentum. And that stupid ass head was talking for too long, so it wasn't worth loading for multiple attempts.

I see the potential for fun (in the originals), and I'm assuming the maps will be bigger than the demo, so I may still check it out later. I think I'd rent it first though.
  • moose
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    moose polycount sponsor
    [ QUOTE ]
    1/2 gig download, 3 minutes of play.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah. i never played Katamari before and wanted to give it a shot with this. probably not the best place to see what the game is about.
  • Tumerboy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ya, the demo isn't great unless you've played the previous ones I guess.

Although I would get stuck some places, and had trouble with momentum at first, you'd learn lines to follow and how to get around.

The thing I liked about the first one was the way you'd grow and be able to explore more of each level as you grew. Even within a single map, you'd roll around the size of a baseball at the base of a house at the beginning, and by the end you were picking up the whole house if not the continent it's on by the end. And there's something very satisfying about the screeching of the first person you pick up.