Home Technical Talk

cs2 keyboard shortcuts

polycounter lvl 17
Offline / Send Message
spitty polycounter lvl 17
every once in a while my keyboard shortcuts start doing different things than they are supposed to do. "ctrl a" selects all layers instead of selecting the image. the "[" and "]" cycle through layers instead of changing brush size.

any idea what is going on?

Replies

• MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    Sounds like your ALT key is stuck somehow. CTRL-ALT-A is select all layers, ALT+[ ] cycle layers.
  • spitty
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    spitty polycounter lvl 17
    weird.... this happens to me at home and work, and never happenned in ps 7.0.

hitting random keys on my keyboard would sometimes fix this, and now it looks like i know which key to hit to fix it(alt).

thanks MoP
  • Sage
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sage polycounter lvl 19
    I really think it's a bug, I not sure if I noticed it for the first time in PS7 or CS2, but it just does that. What's annoying is that sometimes it's useful and can't seem to reproduce it when I want. To fix I just close the app and restart.

Alex
  • MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    Sage, I've used CS2 every day for at least a year now and I've never had that happen smile.gif
    Have you maybe checked your Windows settings for "Sticky Keys", "Filter Keys" and that other one, which are in the Accessibility settings? They have toggle buttons that you can sometimes accidentally activate (like pressing Shift 5 times in a row), you can turn off the activation toggle keys in the control panel -> accessibility I think.
    Maybe give that a try and see if it happens again.

That said, a colleague of mine's "shift" key got stuck the other day, Windows thought it was being pressed all the time and the only thing he could do to fix it was reboot. Maybe it's a dodgy keyboard or something?
  • Sage
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sage polycounter lvl 19
    I get the damn sticky thing come up from time to time I hope this time all that crap stays off. I had stickys off but the other two options were on. Thanks for the info Mop.

Alex