Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Ninja Girl Model

Hello, I'm new here. smile.gif
I recently finished this model. What do you think? I am working on new model, but if this one have some problem that I can't see, I want to fix in the new model.

Comments will be welcome. smile.gif

nj_render01.jpg

nj_wire.jpg

Replies

• monkeyboy_garth
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    monkeyboy_garth polycounter lvl 9
    Hi Momoko...
    Nice work, there's a few areas where it could improve too. The rig seems to be deforming the shoulders strangely - I'd go in and fix the weights there.

Model-wise, the lips and nose look a little 'pinched' or thin and the face seems to have a lot of polys that probably aren't needed. The hands look a bit thin, especially the fingers.

Texture looks okay, but some of the areas are a bit hard to read, such as her 'ninja' black pants and the boots - you need to make it look more obvious what they're made of. I'm not sure what the grey panels are on her boots and her pants either. Also, it would be good to see the model unlit (100% self illuminated), because at the moment the model looks like it has very little lighting information painted into the texture.
  • {scumworks}
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    It looks nice, but IMO you should try a different pose for her. ATM she looks more like a ballet dancer then a ninja ^^.
  • Jeremy Wright
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jeremy Wright polycounter lvl 17
    Honestly, nothing about this model says ninja to me. Fighter maybe, but ninja no. Also, if she is a ninja, she's the most cheerful ninja ever. Must be the freedom of not hiding behind a mask. Her facial expression is very sunny and smiling; not a killer's face.

Her wrists seem a little skinny and the palm of her hand is to long. Her hips could be a little wider, too. Her shoulders are a good bit wider than her hips.
  • momoko
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thank you everybody. smile.gif Those are very good crit. I really appreciate it. smile.gif

monkeyboy_garth: I already fixed shoulder weight, and I am working on texture. I'll use only ambient light and see how much I can improve this model. Gray panels are just accessory. I will put little more something to show more like accessory. I'll pose improved version tomorrow or day after tomorrow. smile.gif Thank you for detailed crit.

scumworks: lol Actually, I had hard time to pose her.... and finally I thought this looks good... :P :P humm.... I'll try different pose after I get done with texture improvement. You have any good idea for cool pose? smile.gif

8FtSpider: Well, :P :P smiling killer might scary.... :P :P anyway, she is more like New Age Ninja. So she enjoys her life and also, she enjoys killing is my concept. smile.gif
    I always have hard time to make curvy body... maybe because I don't have so much big hips... frown.gif So, the hips should wider than shoulder? I am trying to make curvy body in new model. So I'll remember what you said. Thank you. smile.gif
  • Jeremy Wright
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jeremy Wright polycounter lvl 17
    I'm no expert, my friend, but when I draw men I make the shoulders wider than the hips and when I draw women I draw the hips the same width or wider than the shoulders. I try to exaggerate gender traits when I draw, but I come from the How-to-Draw-Comics-the _Marvel_Way school of drawing. smile.gif

I think she already looks good, just keep at it.
  • hawken
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hawken polycounter lvl 19
    some major problems with this model. if you make another, remember to post here as you start making it, I'm sure you can pick up more advice during the process, as theres not much one can do to a finished model
  • momoko
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    8FtSpider: Thank you for good advice. smile.gif I think Marval way is suppose to be looking good way, so I should follow. smile.gif
    This is the model I am working on right now. I tried hard to put curve on her body... is it working?

hawken: Thanks for the advice. smile.gif Here is the model I am working right now. Head and body haven't attached yet, so kinda wired look on neck. I am thinking 10,000 tris maximum on this model. I will post concept sketch later.

fg_wip01_1.jpg

fg_wip01_2.jpg

fg_wip01_3.jpg
  • Ott
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ott polycounter lvl 13
    I feel like the head is a little too elongated and ovalshaped in the back. The ears are way too far to the left in your side profile. Her feet don't really work for me either. Even if she were wearing boots she looks like she is wearing size 14 women's shoes.

Not to say it isn't realistic or possible, but when you are doing "cutesy" petite little women it is generally more appealing to give them smaller feet, rather than going too big.

Not a bad start, keep practicing!
  • momoko
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ott: Thanks Ott. smile.gif I'll fix feet and head.

Here is self illumination only render. I worked on texture a lot. I think she looks a lot better now. smile.gif

nj_ambient_render01.jpg
  • The_Synj
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The_Synj polycounter lvl 18
    she looks good, but her face needs a bit more detail, she seems like a doll :P
  • merlyn
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Looking great, like the feminin touch on the clothing details, well done Momoko, only crit would be that the hands and above the elbows seem a bit on the thin side, keep up the good work.
  • Jeremy Lindstrom
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jeremy Lindstrom polycounter lvl 18
    that still isn't the best pose it still looks as if her 'left' hand (our right) is bending at the forearm, make a fist like you're holding something and you'll notice you have maybe 2-3 inches of palm still showing, she has like 8 inches so it looks as if she's bending her arm at the forearm, I'd fix this if this is going in your portfolio, the first pose up top of the thread fixes this a bit more, but I think it's just the angle is confusing as well as the palm is elongated.
  • momoko
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The_Synj: Thanks Shynj. smile.gif I don't want her to be so much fake human but I will play a little on the texture and see I can do more on it.

merlyn: smile.gif Hi merlyn. smile.gif Yeah, maybe clothing detail is feminin touch. :P :P Thanks for the advice. I will make better arm on next model that I am working on right now. smile.gif

Delard: Thank you Dekard. smile.gif I made mistake on her hand when I posing her. I fixed bone angle. And now, it look little better. But I made too much long palm, I will make better one on next model. smile.gif
  • momoko
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I'd done with normal map on new model. smile.gif
    go to texture. smile.gif

fg_wip02.jpg
  • merlyn
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hmm, to be perfectly honest the model is confusing me at the moment. The stomach looks odd and i am not sure what kind of clothes she has on below her top. Also i think that her shoulders could do with a little bit more shaping. She has nice legs and i am really looking forward to seeing how you are going to alpha those polys for more clothing details. With this lighting her facial expression looks a bit like she is about to kiss someone. Keep up the good work.