Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Horus Heresy scene warhammer 40k ***updated***

polycounter lvl 17
Offline / Send Message
ScubaSteve polycounter lvl 17
i am working on a scene for the horus heresy and i am having trouble on what i should put in the room as of right now its pretty bear

ss1-2.jpg
ss2.jpg
ss3-1.jpg

any suggestions or what i should put in the scene will be greatly appreciated

also need help to come up with a chao's throne room chair

link to story
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horus_Heresy

Replies

• Steve Schulze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Steve Schulze polycounter lvl 18
    Fullview_emperor-horus.jpgI'm guessing thats it in the background. Should give you the basic form, and then it'd be just a matter of picking up elements used on Horus's armour for detailing, I'd think
  • zenarion
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    zenarion polycounter lvl 17
    There are marines in the background. That huge EYE thing, and wires/pipes going everywhere. They are standing on a spaceship!
  • seforin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    seforin polycounter lvl 17
    well that picture isnt exactly accurate, those space marines in the background arent supposed to be there ,

in actuality based off the story, this is horus's ship when he was running away from the emperors home planet
    in actuality in horus's throne room. In horsus throne room there was only horus, the emperor had teleported with a group of his elite body guards (Adpets cadets units) And the high primarch of the blood angels saganiuis.

Saganius finds horus personal chamber and horus trys to tempt saganius into joining chaos , after that they fight, saganius dies, the emperor comes into the private chamber fights horus, one of the primarches comes in , horus kills him and then the emperor kills horus.

So this room is the chamber room , where horus is privately, I recommend more space related things and more chaos things, but there isnt alot of reference of inside interiors of the space ships for chaos//space marines in general other than that 1 area.
  • zenarion
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    zenarion polycounter lvl 17
    What? What other primarch comes in? The only primarchs in that throne room are Horus, Sanguinus, and later Dorn. A terminator marine comes in during Emperor/Horus fight, shoots Horus distracting him, and giving the Emperor an opening. When everyone is dead, Rogal Dorn comes in, and scoops up the Emperor.

Also, that image is made for and by Sabertooth Games, not really true to the Games Workshop backstory.
  • almighty_gir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    also please note. at that point in history: more spikey does not equal more chaosy.
  • SyaPed
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SyaPed polycounter lvl 18
    Noooo the Emperor always had the power to kill Horus but he didn't want to because he was his son and he loved him. He was still trying to get him to turn away from Chaos. When the terminator came in and Horus crushed him without a thought it helped the Emperor realize he was beyond saving, and so he killed him. At least thats the version I like :P

Nerd alert!
  • ScubaSteve
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thanks for clearing up the story...the scene is modeled after that pic...still help with scene
  • SyaPed
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SyaPed polycounter lvl 18
    Try looking through 40K books for other interior paintings. I know I've seen some good stuff.
  • seforin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    seforin polycounter lvl 17
    [ QUOTE ]
    What? What other primarch comes in? The only primarchs in that throne room are Horus, Sanguinus, and later Dorn. A terminator marine comes in during Emperor/Horus fight, shoots Horus distracting him, and giving the Emperor an opening. When everyone is dead, Rogal Dorn comes in, and scoops up the Emperor.

Also, that image is made for and by Sabertooth Games, not really true to the Games Workshop backstory.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh yea well there was technically one more guy who came in but from the wikipedia and the books I remembered it was mainly all around the adept cadet unit, horus ,saganius, and the emperor.

Oh well in either caes still need to figure out designs for this guy, maybe some ceiling fans?

I really cant think of what would be good, can someone do a mach up?
  • ScubaSteve
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ss17.jpg

ss18.jpg

ss19.jpg

ss20.jpg

and this is kinda the light mood....its a little to dark but thats what i had in mind

ss-25.jpg

any sugguestions would be nice...or what you like or dont like the main floor isnt finsh yet...

thanks in advance
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Looking good.

Suggestions:
    - More steps, and add the little lights to the steps.
    - The walls in the painted scene are more pointed toward the throne, giving it more of a focal point. It will help drive the tension in the scene if the walls sloped in like that.
    HorusThroneCrit.jpg
  • ScubaSteve
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    well i like the look but my friend is trying animate the fight scene. so i dont want to put to many stairs in there for him to animate.

what do you think about the textures??? when im done im going to add a reflection map on it