Home General Discussion

I hate video games.

mod
How the hell am I going to afford all of these this holiday season!?? I need a job! and time!

x360___
two worlds
virtua fighter 5
too human
bioshock
blue dragon
mass effect
UT3
burnout paradise
eternal sonata
assassin's creed
halo 3
GTA4
Orange Box
Lost Odyssey
Rock Band
Guitar Hero 3
DMC 4
Call Of Duty 4

PC__
Tabula Rasa
Hellgate: London
TF2/Ep2/Portal
UT3

Ps2__
GH: Rocks the 80s

Wii__
RE4 wiimake
Super Smash Bro Brawl
Metroid Prime 3
Super Mario Galaxy

DS__
Sim City
heroes of mana
brain age 2
MMZX Advent
Ninja Gaiden DS
Zelda Phantom Hourglass
DQM: Joker

some might not come out, yeah..

and I will probably rent some.. I hate renting.. most of these are insta-buy for me though.

and another problem I have is that if theres a game I want and I don't get it within like 2 weeks I lose interest

god I'm such a little bitch

Replies

• Keg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Keg polycounter lvl 18
    Dammit!! more games I want, curse you!!
  • Rwolf
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rwolf polycounter lvl 18
    I hafta pay off a loan first -.-
  • acc
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    acc polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    and another problem I have is that if theres a game I want and I don't get it within like 2 weeks I lose interest

[/ QUOTE ]
    Well that's your problem. You gotta be a patient, cheap little shit like me to save your wallet with this hobby smile.gif
    I bought 7 (good) games for under $140 CDN over the last couple of weeks, 'cause they're all at least a year old. That would barely get me 2 Wii games out here. Probably a good thing I never found a Wii...
  • Tulkamir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tulkamir polycounter lvl 18
    It's not the money for me, it's finding the time to play all the damned games I want to play. There's so many I want to play, but no where near the time. frown.gif
  • ebagg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ebagg polycounter lvl 17
    It's daunting looking at the Q4 lineup, but after that Q1-Q3 is a lot more relaxed for you to catch up laugh.gif.
  • Jesse Moody
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jesse Moody polycounter lvl 17
    yeah so many games coming out soon. it's crazy. I have like 16 games for my 360 now and i've barely played any of them except for a few. I just don't have the time these days.
  • Marine
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Marine polycounter lvl 18
    at least you're not paying nearly $80 for 360 games like we do in britain
  • Asmuel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Asmuel polycounter lvl 17
    Mass Effect and GTA4 are the only 2 I will probably invest my time in if I have any, though they would probably be the most time consuming lol. Should really pick your favs and go with them wink.gif.
  • bounchfx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bounchfx mod
    damn.. most of them are my favs lol... my very very top picks would have to be...

Rock Band, Bioshock, Halo 3, GH3, Mass Effect, Too Human, Zelda/Mario/SSBB, orange box, and UT3

that cuts the list down considerably but I want the others real bad too haha! guess it boils down to how well they turn out. I don't wanna pass up a great game =D
  • HonkyPunch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HonkyPunch polycounter lvl 18
    I might have to knock over a bank to get money
  • Kevin Johnstone
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kevin Johnstone polycounter lvl 19
    i love that you are going to buy ut3 twice, i think everyone here should do that and make me rich!

r.
  • Jesse Moody
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]
    i love that you are going to buy ut3 twice, i think everyone here should do that and make me rich!

r.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah i'm only gonna be picking it up for PC. No sense in having it on console and pc...

No extra money from me buddy...hahaha
  • Toomas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Toomas polycounter lvl 18
    No worries, 90% of them will slip the release date anyways so it evens out to about 3 decent games per year tongue.gif
  • IronHawk
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    IronHawk polycounter lvl 10
    [ QUOTE ]

r.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude. gotta have redundancy. This game is going to be Epic! err.. yeah I said it.
  • bounchfx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bounchfx mod
    I'm getting it for both mainly because I don't think I'll have a fully capable PC when the game launches, and so I can play with my buds on XBL (almost everyone I know will be getting it on 360), but also getting it on PC because I prefer it on PC and I need/want the editor =)
  • Cthogua
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cthogua polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]

and I will probably rent some.. I hate renting.. most of these are insta-buy for me though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hate renting? Why? I either beat or get tired of most games in that two week window anyway...I really only buy games I think I'm gonna play through more than once, are good multiplayer, or require a much longer time investment...although with Gamefly, thats not really even an issue.

The idea of the insta-buy just seems like a bad idea too. There's been too many games that everything looked great until I got the controller in my hand and I hated the controls, or the camera set up, or just the gameplay in general. Honestly I'm a 90% renter and 10% buyer....although I don't do either anymore since both of my consoles went tits up and I don't have the money for a 360 much less a PS3. We have both at work and I still don't see that either are currently worth their price tags. Especially with the death rate on those 360s :\
  • bounchfx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bounchfx mod
    because I am dumb and impatient =) and I like owning games. I will probably try gamefly again later this year though.
  • Richard Kain
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Richard Kain polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    It's not the money for me, it's finding the time to play all the damned games I want to play.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hell Yeah! On top of that, I often feel guilty when I play games, because I know its time I could be spending modeling. (and working on other creative efforts) My day job and my part-time job don't usually involve modeling or animation. So some portion of my precious free-time has to be allocated to modeling practice, or I'll get horribly rusty. And then I'm trying to learn more programming. And I'm looking into Grad school. Have to study for the GREs...

THERE'S NOT ENOUGH STINKING TIME!!!
  • McIlroy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    McIlroy polycounter lvl 17
    Well you gotta figure that at least 50-75% of the titles will be postponed and the ship date moved so myabe you will be able to afford some smile.gif
  • bounchfx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bounchfx mod
    "I often feel guilty when I play games, because I know its time I could be spending modeling"

I mean.. I kinda feel that way.. but not tons, granted, I need more time to play all these, but when I do play, I enjoy it, it's the reason I'm here doing this to begin with..

*cough* i mean its.. research..*cough*
  • Neo_God
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Neo_God polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    "I often feel guilty when I play games, because I know its time I could be spending modeling"

I mean.. I kinda feel that way.. but not tons, granted, I need more time to play all these, but when I do play, I enjoy it, it's the reason I'm here doing this to begin with..

*cough* i mean its.. research..*cough*

[/ QUOTE ]

Makes you wonder if you can write off games as a business expense...
  • Jesse Moody
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]
    Makes you wonder if you can write off games as a business expense...

[/ QUOTE ]

Well why wouldn't you be able to? I know a guy that writes off all the meals he eats while he works from home. He writes off some of his rent, some of his electric, toys he buys, books he buys, movies he buys as long as they pertain to his work it's a go.

I've been saving all my receipts smile.gif
  • Tulkamir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tulkamir polycounter lvl 18
    Yea, I think that if you have your own business and can prove that the games are actually related to research for your project in some way you can. Atleast that's what I've been told. Dunno how reliable the source was though (Partly because I don't even remember where I heard it). :P