Home General Discussion

Hot Fuzz

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
aesir polycounter lvl 18
wow. This was fucking awesome. Funniest goddamn movie I've seen in ages. Better than Shaun of the Dead.

Probably my favorite comedy ever.

go see it.

return.

discuss awesomeness.

Replies

• Tulkamir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tulkamir polycounter lvl 18
    Wow, that's really good to hear. Loved Shaun of the Dead nad have been looking forward to this for some time now. I'm thinking I'm going to go see it tomorrow or sunday.
  • frostymoose
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    frostymoose polycounter lvl 17
    Definately the funniest movie i've ever seen...tied with Planet Terror.

No need for discussion; see it.
  • erik!
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hilarious! On par with Shaun, well worth your money twice.
  • Steve Schulze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Steve Schulze polycounter lvl 18
    Has Hot Fuzz only just made it to the US? Nice to see we got in first for once.

I don't think it quite lives up to Shaun of the Dead, but its still a very entertaining movie and one well worth checking out.

Features some distinct similarities to a certain British cult comedy (Hint: its not one of Simon Pegg's).
  • MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    Yeah, it was pretty awesome. Some priceless moments, although I feel that it wasn't paced as well as Shaun of the Dead.

We saw it like 2 months ago...
  • LoTekK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    LoTekK polycounter lvl 17
    Argh, not coming to singapore til mid-june. Been looking forward to it for months now.
  • Ged
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ged interpolator
    yeah I saw it about 2 months ago too, was pretty good, Im not a huge fan of shaun of the dead though. Guess some of it just didnt appeal to my sense of humour...like all those rediculous murder scenes, I just didnt find them funny. But the battle through the town was priceless! I only really enjoyed the end section of the movie really haha
  • Daz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Daz polycounter lvl 18
    Haha totally awesome. Absolutely loved it. Probably not as accessible to global audiences as SOTD, but I moved from London to sleepy Devon as a kid so that's why it touched me so strongly probably. I was really surprised that when Angel was cradling his injured partner that there was no reference to the exact same scene from the paintball episode of Spaced. Good to see the cast of usual suspects here and I always enjoy Bill Nighy, cameo though his role was.

Very much enjoyed it!
  • skankerzero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I really really enjoyed the movie. It was really funny.

I liked Shawn of the Dead much more though, but that's probably because I'm a zombie whore.
  • HonkyPunch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HonkyPunch polycounter lvl 18
    I need to see this movie badly
    Saw grind house Friday, and have never laughed so hard in my entire life at a theater
  • Rhinokey
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rhinokey polycounter lvl 18
    Saw it yesterday with the girlfriend, we both enjoyed it lots, i think i liked it better than sotd, was suprised how gruesome some of the murder scenes were even more graphic than a lot of straight up horror movies.

enjoyed the pacing and the overthe top ending.
  • Daz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Daz polycounter lvl 18
    btw, anyone catch the name of the kid that was taken hostage at the end? From Angels reaction, there seemed to be some significance attached to it, but I just couldn't make out what it was.
  • Tulkamir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tulkamir polycounter lvl 18
    Wow, yea, saw it with a bunch of friends last night. THis was one of the most enjoyable movie experiences I've ever had.
  • Steve Schulze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Steve Schulze polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    btw, anyone catch the name of the kid that was taken hostage at the end?

[/ QUOTE ]Looking at IMDB, his name was Aaron A. Aaronsen. Along with being an odd name I think theres a reference to him earlier in the film, but I can't remember the context.
  • Cubik
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cubik polycounter lvl 18
    Was a joke from the dectectives about how maybe the should go through the whole phonebook for suspects and start with Aaron A. Aaronsen.

Fun movie, not on par with Shaun of the Dead though.
  • hawken
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hawken polycounter lvl 19
    It'll never get released here no doubt. Might have to order the DVD when it's released, as the "other" version would probably ruin my experience, what with people coughing and the start missing.