Home General Discussion

ghost rider movie and games sued by creator

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Thegodzero polycounter lvl 18

http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/46503

Love it, this is what happens when you take someones work and shit on it while they still have rights to it. The movie sucked balls and made his characters look retarded. Its a shame what they did, and i hope he wins.

Replies

• D4V1DC
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    D4V1DC polycounter lvl 18
    That's screwed up man if he wins I hope he gets a lot of money those big names can dish out a bundle each.

Go Friedrich.
  • Keg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Keg polycounter lvl 18
    If he has the legal right, then by all means I hope he wins. But matters like this from what I've learned can be tricky in the courts. So while he may see that the rights returned to him, they may in fact haven't. All up to the courts to decide.
  • Wells
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wells polycounter lvl 18
    so... he waited to see how the movie would sell, and how all the merch would do before deciding to sue the shit out of everyone?
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    notman polycounter lvl 18
    Actually, that's often the suggested route by most attorneys. Wait for them to sell and market your idea, then it gives it a value to sue for. Otherwise it will be based purely on what a judge determines the value to be.
  • Nilium
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nilium polycounter lvl 18
    What I want to know is, is he really pissed or does he just want the money?
  • Emil Mujanovic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Emil Mujanovic polycounter lvl 18
    I think it would probably be both... I haven't seen the movie nor have I read any of the comics so I don't know the character well. But from what I've read it seems like they totally fucked the character right up. I know I'd be pissed if they took a character I created and totally gayed it up.

-caseyjones
  • ill_logic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ill_logic polycounter lvl 17
    yeah that movie looked like a terrible representation. i know america's all tort-happy & everything but from the previews alone? hell, if i had the opportunity to sue marvel over that movie, i probably would too.

from what i've seen, the guy has a right to be genuinely pissed.

-J