Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Papa has a new bag

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
struve polycounter lvl 18
I put a new Portfolio site up, hoping some of you dudes can test it out for me; let me know if you come across any issues.

Thanks!!

http://cgsculptor.com/

Replies

• Thegodzero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thegodzero polycounter lvl 18
    Looks good, but your protoss guy needs to go, hes of a much lower quality than the other works.

oh and where is your resume?
  • MAUL0r
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MAUL0r polycounter lvl 18
    The resume is under contact, but I'd suggest you have a button that actually says "resume" on it that just links to the resume. the contact button should link them to an e-mail.

resume doesn't really have a direct relation to "contact". It's a reference tool that can help people decide to contact you, ya know? Also consider that a prospective employer should never have to think about where to find things on your page... the more they have to think, the less likely they will continue looking.

that being said, I like the layout! And you've got some great work on there. I think the zealot is decent, but it's not front page material maybe. Also, maybe if you have some texture work to post? your models have some decent textures, but there's nothing that shows the UV layouts.
  • fritz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    fritz polycounter lvl 18
    i agree w/godzero. there are models in your "junk" link that come across better.
  • JDinges
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JDinges polycounter lvl 18
    I also agree that wou should ditch the protoss guy. Even with your "junk" work he's the weakest link imo.

Looks great otherwise.
  • Quasar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Quasar polycounter lvl 19
    Nice models on there Struve, and I agree with above comments.

I remember you posting the cyborg chick you have in your junk section here on polycount quite a while ago, just wondering whose concept you based it on, because from what I recall, it wasn't your own smile.gif
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    notman polycounter lvl 18
    Retitle the 'Junk' section... it makes it seem like you don't think much about those pieces, and many of them are very good. I'm not sure why you aren't displaying them independantly to be honest... especially the completed ones. If anything, put the completed ones onto the front links, then give that section a 'WIP' or 'MISC' title.
  • PeterK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PeterK greentooth
    I like the site, it gets right to the point. I agree about removing the Protoss, and re-title the "junk" section, as those are very nice works.
  • Davision3D
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Davision3D polycounter
    Nice simple design and very good works.
    Im missing something in the text of the diablo character, you wrote: "Made with advanced real-time shaders." But i think you should list the programms like you did in the other descriptions. smile.gif
  • commander_keen
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    commander_keen polycounter lvl 18
    Only a small thing, you should make the links to each section open in a new window, or even better have the side bar on all of the pages. Work looks really nice smile.gif
  • struve
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    struve polycounter lvl 18
    Thanks for the comments guys. I was never any good at putting together a website, so your input is very helpful to me. I will change "contact" to "resume". Your contact info should always be in your resume, so i think that would make the most since. I was hoping my Protoss guy would come across as showing my progress over the past couple years. Maybe i should add the date created to each of the gallery pages.
  • systmh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    this doesn't really pertain to your actual portfolio, but some of your pages are still labeled as "untitled document" in the window bar smile.gif
    might wanna fix that, it'll seem more professional.