Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

- - - A Tribute To BoBo - - -

guillom
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
guillom polycounter lvl 18
I found this model on my Hard Drive...small tribute to Bobo who did this really good model

I just textured it and will pose it for sure

wip03tw0.jpg

same thing 100 % illuminated...

wip04sb6.jpg

Replies

• adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    I still think the eyes on this model - or the place that people choose to paint them - is too high up and too far apart.

Otherwise I really like what you've done. You should take it thru a current-gen workflow and rock a highpoly for it.

EDIT:Did this quickly during lunch...
    nonobobo.jpg

• MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    Whoa, Adam, I absolutely disagree with your paintover ... the final one you did looks really weird and quite ugly ... the middle one is probably the best.
    I agree that the eyes are in a slightly odd place in the original (although not *too* extreme to be unbelievable), your "lowered eyes" version does look a bit more natural and "ideal" in terms of proportion ... but the last step is just weird, makes her look like her face is squashed and chin is huge.

Guillom, this is looking cool - I like the sharp and soft style you have going on, although I feel that the brown cloth is looking a bit too smooth at the moment, it feels unfinished compared to the more detailed areas. I'd probably put some more contrast in the folds you have now, and add more folds and seams to the cloth to give it some more detail and contrast.

Cool stuff though, keep it up! smile.gif
  • adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    Yah the one on the right I did just 'cuz'. I was more concerned over where the eyes are (as stated in my first reply). The one on the right has a huge chin, but I've seen faces like that for sure.

You've obviously never heard of retard woman space marine before!
  • D4V1DC
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    D4V1DC polycounter lvl 18
    I need me some rump that big.

Critics:
    Like the textureing though that grey/brown suit I feel doesn't really go quite well with the metal color scheme.

Maybe just for fun a blue purple-ish color for the body suit. Otherwise I like it, that model's an oldy too but still brings sexy back.

BTW, R.W.S.M.'s FTW!
  • Emil Mujanovic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Emil Mujanovic polycounter lvl 18
    I had a go at doing a skin for this model as well, but never got around to finishing it. I'm so slack.
    Looks nice though, and I think you've inspired me to go back to this and finish it.

-caseyjones
  • John Warner
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    John Warner polycounter lvl 18
    looks cool. right off the bat, i think that the cloth material doesn't exactly read as a material right now. some more texture detail might fix the issue.

http://www.hcgamer.hu/gamer/images/cikkek/2005_05/hellgate_london_002.jpg
    she's got something more interesting going on, whether that fits the style or not.. i could have sworn i saw something more suiting... hmm.. anyway. even where you have that seem alone the side, it's starting to work..
  • gavku
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gavku polycounter lvl 18
    thats quite a ba-donk-a-donk....

nice work on textures..
  • almighty_gir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    lol, you guys want a huge chin? you should see my face :P

headld9.th.png

anyway, i think this is pretty cool, is there any way you can host the file so i can have a go?
  • Quasar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Quasar polycounter lvl 19
    Hi Guillom

Looks like you have a great texture going on, I especially love how you rendered the metal! Aside from Adam's suggestion about the eyes, I feel as though the over all design could use some unifying. It looks as though the metal parts do not match her suit because of the difference in the amount of detail and also the colours could be more similar, say make the suit more blue, or the metal bits more brown.

Cheers!