Home General Discussion

Gears of War... the movie?

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
RazorBladder polycounter lvl 18
http://www.gametrailers.com/viewnews.php?id=4283

Whether this comes to fruition or not... Personally, that news has made my heart sink.
Why make a film of a game that felt like a bloody good film in the first place? frown.gif
I loved the film collateral, but gah... What's with this obsession.

Replies

• aesir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    aesir polycounter lvl 18
    doesnt everybody think that a unreal tournament movie would kick sooo much more ass?
  • Geezus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Geezus mod
    Felt like a good film? I actually thought the story was near non-existent. I only hope they work harder on the story for the movie. hehe
  • ebagg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ebagg polycounter lvl 17
    Whatever happens, the Rock will be cast.
  • James Edwards
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    James Edwards polycounter lvl 18
    I just think it's great for Epic in general. Win win for any company that can launch a successful game and IP and attract hollywood's attention. Congrats to them!
  • Fuse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fuse polycounter lvl 18
    congrast to epic, but i was majorly dissapointed that very little was revealed in terms of story during the game ... they teased some obvious plot twists and such but never actually delivered a satisfying ending .. frown.gif I know it is setting up for a sequel but damn .. give us something
  • Lee3dee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lee3dee polycounter lvl 18
    As long as Paul Anderson doesn't direct it, or the Rock is in it, it has some hope to be a good film.

Be sweet if it was completely in-game using Unreal Engine 3 laugh.gif
  • Marisa
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Marisa polycounter lvl 17
    [ QUOTE ]
    Whatever happens, the Rock will be cast.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, Doom.....lol
  • Emil Mujanovic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Emil Mujanovic polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    As long as Paul Anderson doesn't direct it

[/ QUOTE ]
    Or Uwe Boll!

I wasn't that pleased with the story for Gears much either. Like it was mentioned, its great for Epic getting hollywood attention for their own IP. But it should be left as a game and not made into a film.

-caseyjones
  • cochtl
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cochtl polycounter lvl 18
    nah, it will have the Rock and Karl Urban cast as Kogs sent in to battle a group of scientists that unleash a killer mutagenic virus in the sewers of a big city and the whole plot is not to fight monsters known as locusts but to fight the inherent evil in all people thats called 'the locust'. Oh and it mutates them too somehow and they are bad...

AND there will be big name characters directly from the game in the movie too, like Dr. T. Sweeny and posters of top Bollywood action superstar Clifford Bleszinski-stan will be all over the place. Ohh oh! And Morgan Freeman will take up the role of Dr. Rorschach Johnstone who is very wise but also very cranky and irritable most of the time and he solves all of the plot holes from the game with voice overs.

oh oh oh! and the final battle will take place in a football or Olympic stadium called the Epic-center! Get it Get it!?! its like epicenter and it has 'Epic' and its a 'center'...oh never mind....

it will be awesome!
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joshua Stubbles polycounter lvl 19
    [ QUOTE ]
    I actually thought the story was near non-existent. I only hope they work harder on the story for the movie. hehe

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT
    Collateral had a great story, as did the 'Pirates' movies. I have confidence in the script for Gears of War. If only they can get a good director for it..
  • IceWolve
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    IceWolve polycounter lvl 18
    I hope the gear and outfits are more like the game and not gayed up like in the doom movie.
  • Frank
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Frank polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    nah, it will have the Rock and Karl Urban cast as Kogs sent in to battle a group of scientists that unleash a killer mutagenic virus in the sewers of a big city and the whole plot is not to fight monsters known as locusts but to fight the inherent evil in all people thats called 'the locust'. Oh and it mutates them too somehow and they are bad...

AND there will be big name characters directly from the game in the movie too, like Dr. T. Sweeny and posters of top Bollywood action superstar Clifford Bleszinski-stan will be all over the place. Ohh oh! And Morgan Freeman will take up the role of Dr. Rorschach Johnstone who is very wise but also very cranky and irritable most of the time and he solves all of the plot holes from the game with voice overs.

oh oh oh! and the final battle will take place in a football or Olympic stadium called the Epic-center! Get it Get it!?! its like epicenter and it has 'Epic' and its a 'center'...oh never mind....

it will be awesome!

[/ QUOTE ]

Die in a fire. tongue.gif

Frank the Avenger
  • indian_boy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    amen IceWolve...

but yeah, i thought this'd be inevitable.... i'd rather have it be the unreal 3 engine than some actors. or perhaps a cg film like final fantasy,,, speaking of which, is that the only CG film that doesn't have comedy / pixar / dreamworks animated on it? just wondering...
  • cochtl
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cochtl polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]

Die in a fire. tongue.gif

Frank the Avenger

[/ QUOTE ]

We'll see where you are when you are still toiling about while i pen sequels for blockbuster hits such as Pearl Harbor and Armageddon and Mortal Kombat!

ok i'll throw in the obligatory 'i hope its not directed by uwe boll, paul w s anderson or michael bay' phrase...

sheesh