Offline / Send Message
Jay Evans polycounter lvl 18
Team Green. Lets get it on!

Replies

• Jay Evans
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    an empty thread is kinda like a blank page.. kinda intimidating. Had to throw some marks down to loosen it up.
    jay1_low.jpg
    jay2_low.jpg
  • gauss
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gauss polycounter lvl 18
    JAY! we've got guys posting fuck-all with 5 replies and you're here all by your lonesome. what gives? smile.gif
    if you don't mind a little ass-patting, i'm a big fan of your loose and easy style for sketching. if i were your boss for this compo (which, of course, takes away most, if not all the fun of these kinds of competitions), i'd have you do another 5 pages of female character sketches like that first image you posted. i think going with a female character is generally a good bet in these compos if you've got a knack for the form, and i'd say you've got some of that certainly.
    as i've said to others, be sure to keep yourself out of the box of cliche tactical/stealth/covertops/ninja type characters and their gear, and you should do great. i'm really looking forward to some more sketches from you.
  • Jay Evans
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thanks for the crits. Still just workin out ideas. Nothing final.
    jay3_low.jpg
  • daghen
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    daghen polycounter lvl 18
    she's already looking good..love that shape
  • spacemonkey
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    spacemonkey polycounter lvl 18
    hey Jay, I think the sketches are good but I dont really feel what makes this chick different from all the others potentially in the comp ? Think of it like selling an Ip - pick a few unique selling points and push them smile.gif
  • Nilium
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nilium polycounter lvl 18
    spacemonkey pretty much summed up what I was thinking, aside from this: is she evil? Is she really evil? If the answer is no, you need spikes and a throbbing arm ripped with veins and bone. And spikes. Lots of spikes.

Keep this in mind though: we're the evil side.