Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

First Texture (Stuka Model)

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
DanConroy polycounter lvl 18
Long time viewer of this forum but never thought I had anything good enough to post, so i'll start with this.

Final_Texture.jpg

Please excuse any mistakes near the top right/left of the UV it was 5am and I needed sleep at the time. This model was done for a simple animation for my Intro to Modeling project in college.

http://uploads.dodart.net/uploads/Skinforposting.jpg

Also heres some wireshots if needed.

Final_wires.jpg

I'd love some help/tips/anything to help with my overall texture work and also any modeling errors im making.

Thanks for any feedback, sorry some of it is pretty rushed I was tired at the time.

Replies

• low odor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    low odor polycounter lvl 17
    Looks pretty good so far...I would go back and add detail to the prop, and the canopy. Maybe add some shadows. Also looks like you could have just painted the canopy instead of modeling all those little bits, then just alpha out the glass. good start, keep going
  • DanConroy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]
    Looks pretty good so far...I would go back and add detail to the prop, and the canopy. Maybe add some shadows. Also looks like you could have just painted the canopy instead of modeling all those little bits, then just alpha out the glass. good start, keep going

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the reply, I will go back on the prop/canopy etc as they we're rushed due to time. I didn't think about Alpha maping the glass, tbh thats another think I have to learn about lol.

Thanks again.
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joshua Stubbles polycounter lvl 19
    Looks far to clean and soft, imo.

These planes were made of hard metals, and even after 2-3 flights, weathering began taking it's toll. Right now it looks more like a plastic model, or a plush toy.

Get in there and add some contrast and weathering. Take a peek at the IL2 skinning community for advice. Lots of talented aircraft skinners over there. Here's a link for ya:

]http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/frm/f/45410763

Hope that helps man. Good start so far, though smile.gif
  • DanConroy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]
    Looks far to clean and soft, imo.

These planes were made of hard metals, and even after 2-3 flights, weathering began taking it's toll. Right now it looks more like a plastic model, or a plush toy.

Get in there and add some contrast and weathering. Take a peek at the IL2 skinning community for advice. Lots of talented aircraft skinners over there. Here's a link for ya:

]http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/frm/f/45410763

Hope that helps man. Good start so far, though smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the link, tbh I was thinking the same but didn't want to go over the top. Seems I went too under? lol.

I keep working on the base, see what I can come up with.

Lmao btw mate, its DannyCon from the ScreenArt forums :P
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joshua Stubbles polycounter lvl 19
    Lol yeah, just caught ya on screen art. That's hilarious man, welcome to PC smile.gif
  • Turoid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Turoid polycounter lvl 17
    looks pretty good, maybe you can smooth the prop a little bit more, it has a kinda hard edge now in the middle. smile.gif
  • DanConroy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yeah I need to start over on the prop, like I said its best if I use that as a base now and weather it up like Vassago said.

Thanks for the comment Turoid.