Home General Discussion

MP3 player?

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
JDinges polycounter lvl 18
Anyone have experience with a decent mp3 player? pref under $100.

I'm looking for one to listen to during work-outs and running, so I probably only need a 512mb or 1 gig system.

I have no knowledge or experience with the new players and I'm not even sure where to start looking.

Any info would be much appreciated smile.gif

Replies

• ElysiumGX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ElysiumGX polycounter lvl 18
    Get a Sandisk. I bought two of these refurbished from woot.com for about $40 total.
    http://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-512-MP3-Pl...5692328-0797438

Around $50 new. Good sound. Plays mp3's, and can switch to FM radio. Comes with an arm strap. After buying it, I noticed many people at my gym have these. The voice recorder isn't great, but could be useful. A little hard to navigate (for ipod users perhaps), but not troublesome. It's worth the price. Sandisk has other good players under $100.

This looks cool.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000BP50AY/ref=dp_cp_ob_title_1/103-5692328-0797438
  • snemmy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    snemmy polycounter lvl 18
    i had a SanDisk 256mb refurb before i got my iPod. was really sweet for getting it $15 from woot!. but i kept finding myself wanting a bit more space. definately go for 512 or a gig if possible. unless you can just sit and listen to one or two albums over and over. wink.gif

SanDisk's are no hassle straight up players. whereas im still learning the quicks of my iPod... ;p
  • Vitor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Vitor polycounter lvl 18
    This thread comes in the right time! I was wondering which mp3 player to buy as i really need one soon. I spend much of my day at the university studying big books and with some music on the background it might become some more "fun". On the other hand i don't want to waste much money so one under 100 euros.

Looking for SanDisk (which i didn't know before) found this one which looks kinda good: http://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-SDMX4-2048...0314920-8660758 for more 25$ or something then the other 2Gb model might worth it right? This color screens and movie player always get useless after a while but as the price diference is ridiculous small and the SD port i'm more to this one..
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    My phone is my mp3 player and before that my PSP was. Lugging the PSP around was a bitch so it was retired quickly when I upgraded my phone. A lot of phones even the free or near free ones can be used as MP3 players, if you're in the market for a player and a phone combine them! Just make sure the sound quality is good some are pretty poor. Also make sure you can upload your own music and you're not stuck buying tunes off their service.

My car stereo also plays mp3's as most do now a days but they have to be on CD. It's nice because I can fit 70-110 songs on a single CD. instead of what the recording industry thinks is standard 10-13. I spend a lot of time in the car so it has turned into a must have feature. Nice for downloading books on CD and those long commutes between work and home where I don't ever want to switch a CD or listen to the same thing twice =)
  • JDinges
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JDinges polycounter lvl 18
    Big thanks for the info fellas smile.gif

I'll definetly be going with a SanDisk
  • Vitor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Vitor polycounter lvl 18
    bah such a disapointment... Amazon don't sell eletronics for Portugal :f
  • EarthQuake