Home General Discussion

So who all is going to the GDC in march?

polycounter lvl 17
Offline / Send Message
ChaosEidolon polycounter lvl 17
I'm curious to see how many of you guys will make it out to that. This is the first year im in a position to attend, so im pretty excited about the prospect.

While were on the subject, for those who have attended, do you guys think you really get your grand's worth from it? Ive only attended work sponsored conferences so far, and my field is sadly not game design at the moment, so ill have to foot the bill on this one myself. Not exactly spare change...

Replies

• flaagan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    flaagan polycounter lvl 18
    It's in San Francisco.. I'm not bothering.

I've long since stopped going to conventions in that city, for either industry I work in.

... but if you're in town I'm down for meeting up.
  • TNSLB
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TNSLB polycounter lvl 18
    I keep trying to get harl to go, but he keeps mumbling something about having a baby in march. Sigh.
  • doc rob
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    doc rob polycounter lvl 19
    I missed last year, and I wish I'd gone. So, this year I'm definitley going to budget for it and make sure I'm there.
  • Ghostscape
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ghostscape polycounter lvl 13
    I enjoyed going last year, and I'm hoping to go this coming year. Lots of learning and fun last year.
  • JDinges
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JDinges polycounter lvl 18
    Thinking about it, not sure yet though.

I'd definetly like to go.
  • PeterK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PeterK greentooth
    I'll be there. No doubt about it.
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]
    I'll be there. No doubt about it.

[/ QUOTE ]
    No doubt wacking people over the head with your controller yelling "like my damn controller damn it!!". You should add a cord that way you can reach more people from farther away, more momentum too he he.

Sorry couldn't resist. bear.gif Poke poke jab jab, ut-oh someone lost an eye. OK its not fun any more.
  • Xenobond
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Xenobond polycounter lvl 18
    I'm with Flaagan. Not going to go to another GDC in San Fran. No offence to those that live in/around there, it just isn't the best place for a convention. I'm not too keen on paying $15 for a burnt hamburger with shoestring fries out of the bag.
  • Thegodzero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thegodzero polycounter lvl 18
    I also wont be going. Something about paying twice as much for a hotel that doesn't even have AC and is in the middle of a shitty ass area of town. Also like xeno said, paying that much for shitty food also sucks. Its not as fun when you have to worry about getting ganked getting back to your room. San Jose i will go to but San Fran i will not be going back to.
  • Graft
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I'm going! I live in San Francisco so it's easy for me. Unless I get a job that makes me relocate. Anyway I have an open invitation to any out of towners that want to hook up with me so they don’t' have to pay 15 bucks for a crappy burger! or if your afraid I some kind of psycho killer (has yet to be determined) you can email me for places to eat if you want and I can send you addresses to really good cheap eats near the convention center.you want and i can send you adresses to really good cheap eats near the convention center.
  • ChaosEidolon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ChaosEidolon polycounter lvl 17
    Yeah, no doubt SF is on the pricey side. Im thinking of it as an investment, since you cant really beat it for going 1 on 1 with potential employers.
    Ill look you guys up once i know for sure its a done deal.