Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Female anatomy WIP

As I learn Maya i'm modeling this soon-to-be pretty little lady (ha!) you see here. This is still a very early WIP as you can tell, however I'd much appreciate any tidbits of advice you fellows may be able to offer me. Oh yeah, no limit on the number of polys. Enjoy.
back3qtrbust.jpg
3qtrside.jpg

Replies

• darule
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    it looks like she's leaning forward just a little like she's going to fall forward..might want to bend her body like arc her back backwards just a little....and you can probably delete some edge loops on her legs and body...
  • Gmanx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Gmanx polycounter lvl 19
    ..from the waist down, she reminds me of a Joan of Arc.. I'd put a head and hands on her (even just blocks) to help the overall posture. The feet look too flat (no instep) and a little small,. Widen the toes + ball of the foot too.
  • kiril0t
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kiril0t polycounter lvl 12
    the joints at the legs, tweak the eges a bit for a nicer flow, and id say the spine dsnt go all the way to the but, bring out the Coccyx a bit. and i would just take the body and rotate it so shes not leanig forward. i would remove quite a few edges and degine the form/flow/structure a bit better. Think of the feet as triangles that wedge into the ankle, the ball of the heel dsnt show up until the end of achilies tendon.

What are you using as reference?
  • erik!
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    feedback! nice! thanks for the input folks. I should have mentioned it, but the feet are simply a place holder at the moment. I have gotten rid of a few unecessary loops throughout the body. The hand is done now and ready for posting+critique, the feet are next. Slowly but surely.