Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

I need critique and tips for my pictures please!

Hi!
Im new here and I would like to have some critique and tips from you guys!

Replies

• Joao Sapiro
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joao Sapiro sublime tool
    i like the ideas alot,but there isnt any lightning that makes things pop , like for exampe, in the troll shot, he could have some moon light defining his silhouette.

ill post some critics later sorry.
  • killingpeople
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    killingpeople polycounter lvl 18
    holy dear god. is that a goat? my name's cory too.
    you seem to have an attention to detail and an active imagination. all you need is some more practice and anatomy study and the rest will come. big fan of fantasy eh?
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    This style reminds me of Frosty's style for some reason, I don't see him posting much anymore, I wonder why?
    I'll go over the last image as its the most "normal" and easiest to show you what I think you need to work on, lighting.

If you shrink your image down to 25% (128px) do the main shapes come thru or does it turn into a muddy mess? You where thinking about lighting when you painted them but didn't let it play a big enough roll in shaping the final piece.

Here is a quick (and very nasty looking) paint over that shows what I am talking about. Its over the top to illustrate a point.
    hungrything.gif
    I used a white round brush set to 25% opacity on a seperate layer that was set to Multiply. I did the same thing for shadows on a seperate layer. Shrink your image down and see if the main shapes hold up. It also might help to squint at your work or step back across the room.
  • Carl Brannstrom
    @Johny
    Actually, I have made that kind of lightning. But you might have to zoom in a little to see it (on his left shoulder). I was afraid of over-do it so I will practice on this.

@killingpeople
    Hmm, its a "goat seed". I got the idea from a song called "Goat seeds of doom". Thank you, I will.
    I'm not very into fantasy... The only thing I can associate with fantasy is the Goat seed. Maybe the troll too but I had scandinavian folklore for reference on that one..

@Vig
    I think I know what you mean.. I sould make more contrast on the lightning but not on the colors?
    I'm a little confused.. You wrote that you used a white brush with Multiply but that would make it not visible, right?

Thanks everyone, I will use your tips!
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Overlay, multi or sceen lets you do what I was talking about, if one doesn't seem to work switch it =)
  • asuka
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I like your art, many nice details, but I agree with Vig, there is definetly a lack of lightning, in every picture. And I would critize the atars in the first picture, I don`t know why, but they just don`t look right. And the anatomy of the woman...study^^ Especially the feet. But all in all I really like your pictures.
  • conte
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    conte polycounter lvl 18
    holy moly, that looking weird=)
    that is bad and good in one moment.
    Post more.
  • Carl Brannstrom
    Hello again!

It was a while since I posted here..
    Anyway, here is my lastest creation; The alien war!
    But I'm not satisfield with it.. Anyway, please tell me whats good and whats sucks with it!
    soldatwip3zv2.jpg
  • Japhir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Japhir polycounter lvl 16
    like it! you should add some more shadow to it, so it looks more realistic, although i like the cartoony style.