FightingChance
polycounter lvl 17
Offline / Send Message
FightingChance polycounter lvl 17
I know you guys are probably a little sick of these. crazy.gif

www.fightingchance.us

Changes I'm going to make:
1. Add full name to header graphics
2. Remove Forums and Forums link (unnecessary?)
3. May remove Links and Links link
4. Want to integrate something into gallery area so that I can write descriptions for each piece

Entire site was done by someone else, I'm way too far behind on web design stuff to attempt on my own. Thanks.

Replies

• Josh_Singh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Josh_Singh polycounter lvl 18
    I like it. Simple seems to be the order of the day when it comes to artist web pages. Get more work up! smile.gif
  • steady
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    steady polycounter lvl 18
    Hey dude, design looks solid, just needs to be filled with some content. Definitely get rid of the forums, seems kinda tacky and it looks pathetic when you have 1 post every couple months. You graduated from full sail, show us the money!! smile.gif
  • FightingChance
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    FightingChance polycounter lvl 17
    Definately dumping the forums then. I can't think of anything else to put in it's place; am I forgetting something?
  • hawken
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hawken polycounter lvl 19
    looks nice, now add some content. forums is useless.

Also I seriously advise against table layout, try css
  • danr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    danr interpolator
    you don't make it clear what this site is ... is it a personal showcase for your evolving work, intended to be part of a community of shared knowledge and techniques (eg, poopinmymouth's or rick stirling's sites) ... or is it a committed online portfolio? If the latter, a couple of things :

if this is a portfolio site, i'd agree with you about removing the links. I've never understood why people do it, many links pages on portfolios are nothing more than pointless name-dropping ... as well as encouraging viewers to stop looking at your work, and go and look at someone else's. Fine in a community-based site, very odd on a personal portfolio.

The "tell me what you think" subtitle to your contact page would be weird on a portfolio site too - sounds like you're after feedback from your peers, rather than providing contact info to employers, which could be off putting.