Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Character Model - Sexy News reader

Or atleast she's supposed to be wink.gif. Here is the model for the improved gaming news show we're making at Binary Picture Show. I'm head of BPS, and one of the three guys who worked on the model. She's 3700 polys. She took a long time to make, but it was important to do it right since she's the show's centerpiece.
render1.jpgrender2.jpgrender3.jpg

Here is a picture of the old model, next to the current new one.
lm.jpgLadysexy2.jpg

The new model is now about to be animated. as you can see, she's been rigged and is now poseable. I hope in time she'll get didfferent hairstyles, and clothes (but not yet).
Comments welcome.

Replies

• Oddmind
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Oddmind polycounter lvl 17
    laugh.gif I saw this at TGC.

Again nice job, you can get better crits here :]
  • Spacey
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Spacey polycounter lvl 18
    Loads of improvement over the old model. And my $0.02...

I'm aware she's suppose to be sexy, but the waist is sickeningly tiny. It's like she's been wearing one of those waist cinchers all her life and her internal organs have been pushed up into her chest. And on that note, her chest is massive. I think it could be shrunk down and still portray "sexy", especially if you button up her shirt more and show some cleavage (you know, it's that whole "taste of the forbidden fruit" thing). And where are her glasses?! wink.gif

The texture could also use some work. Right now it looks like a lot of dodge and burn. Look at a woman in a jacket like that and see where the folds occur. That way the wrinkles don't look quite so haphazard. Maybe use a more brown hue in the legs to make it look like she is wearing stockings/pantyhose? The skin could use more red than the brownish-yellow you've currently got.

This may or may not be useful: http://realtimecg.com/template.php?n=list&id=35
  • Dr. Nemesis
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks, Oddmind. What's TGC? I imagine I'm not the one who posted there? smile.gif.

Spacey, thanks for the comments. Regarding her shape, she's a virtual news reader; with realism being far far from the aim. She's kinda supposed to be the grandchild (in concept) of Barbie, Lara Croft , Wonder Woman and [insert any female who is meant to be unrealisticly glamourous].

As for her texture, yes, those arms could do with less creases, and the skin could do with some work still. The legs should definately be getting more treatment, though her overall colour is again intentional, ie not realistic, somewhat like... a tanned barbie grin.gif.
  • low odor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    low odor polycounter lvl 17
    Texture looks washed out, intentional or not, it looks rushed and slapped together. For almost being a 4K model it seems to be lacking in the detail department. I wouldn't call this finished, doubly so if it was the centerpiece of my project....

ON a positive note, it looks bunches better than the original...I would push the newer one way farther before I called it finished though.