Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Spitfire

UnsteadyTeddy
polycounter lvl 17
Offline / Send Message
UnsteadyTeddy polycounter lvl 17
Just a small, quick project for some practice.
1494 tris, crit away!

spitfire02.jpg

Silhouette:
silhouette02.jpg

Unwrap:
uvw.jpg

Replies

• SHEPEIRO
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SHEPEIRO polycounter lvl 17
    good silhouette and general shape

seams messy in places, the tail of the fuse could be tidied up, and also the nose could be optimised. exhaust is using alot, could be simplified. edge loop along top of wing is doing nowt at mo, use it or get rid.

i reakon you could get a very similar model for under a 1000 tris

also why have you stretched the wing uvws, it will be hard to get writting and RAF insignia correct. id use a 256* and a 128x256 map for the wings, that way you could have enough space to do the portions of the wings/fuse that have writting on unflipped
  • Zwebbie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Zwebbie polycounter lvl 18
    Looks pretty good, bit didn't the Spitfire have a distinct bubble-cockpit (i.e. very round), and wasn't the part behind the cockpit higher than that in front of it? Or am I thinking a different version?
  • SHEPEIRO
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SHEPEIRO polycounter lvl 17
    think that was the original version, this has slightly clipped wings, think its a later version

edit heres the MK2

spitfire.gif

hope this helps. the back of the fuse should be higher. looks like a confusion between this and a hurricane
  • UnsteadyTeddy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    UnsteadyTeddy polycounter lvl 17
    hmmm yeh, i had blueprints for a different version and refs of different versions, thanks shep.
    I prefer the version where the bit behind the cockpit is lower than the top of the cockpit, better find out which version that is and get my refs right, cheers.
  • Moz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Moz polycounter lvl 18
    the front canopy is very off.
    spitcockpit.jpg

That front piece of glass is armoured glass and is very thick