Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Character for a new game I'm working on

NextDesign
polycounter lvl 17
Offline / Send Message
NextDesign polycounter lvl 17
Hey guys,

I just finished this model, and started blocking out the colors for a new game that I'm working on. I hope that I can make it into an MMORPG so the model has very few polys. Comments and critisism would be greatly appreciated!

Model and Wire
bootGirl.jpg

Uv's
bootGirlUVsDone.jpg

Color blocking
colorBlocking.jpg

Replies

• Ninjas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ninjas polycounter lvl 18
    Looks pretty solid to me. The design seems a tad generic anime, but is is hard to say without a texture.
  • NextDesign
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    It has an anime style for sure. My ispiration was from an MMORPG called FlyFF.

I've made a bit of headway working on the texutres, once I've blocked it in Photoshop, I'm going to bring it into Sketchbook Pro, weird way of texturing, but I find that I have the most control over the brushes.

Thanks for the comment Ninjas =)
  • Toomas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Toomas polycounter lvl 18
    Deformation!
    Loops around joints like knees and elbows will help that.
    And why the hell is the waist area so dense?
    And the little unnoticable loop around the top of the skirt, i mean who the hell will see it?
    And the socks could be just painted on too.
    And the sunglasses are way over the top in terms of polys used.
    Keep it consistant.
  • NextDesign
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Woah dude. I'm learning. No need to go crazy. Yes I agree that I could optimize it a bit, and I'm going to.

Thanks for the comments though.
  • ebagg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ebagg polycounter lvl 17
    It's a nice solid low poly, although what toomas said rather harshly is true, you have alot of loops where you don't need them, and not enough where you do, give the elbows and knees some extra loops or that character will deform badly.
  • NextDesign
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ok fixed the deformation problems, tweaked the mesh, and lowered the poly count. The reason why the chest has a higher poly count is becuase its a girl.

modelRevised.jpg
  • gauss
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gauss polycounter lvl 18
    i know it fits your current avatar, Toomas, but you could stand to turn down the cranky old man routine juuuust a touch laugh.gif noobs need a little soft handling, wait for the second date to skip the formalities smile.gif
  • Toomas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Toomas polycounter lvl 18
    Sorry if i offended anyone..
  • hawken
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hawken polycounter lvl 19
    you offended me and I demand an apology! in blood!

nice progress on the model. I would advise modelling things like eyebrows and glasses after the rest of it is finished and textured. you have pleanty of space in your texture map smile.gif
  • ebagg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ebagg polycounter lvl 17
    [ QUOTE ]
    Ok fixed the deformation problems, tweaked the mesh, and lowered the poly count. The reason why the chest has a higher poly count is becuase its a girl.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wha? It's a little girl with small boobs, under a dress...unless you plan on making them animated to bounce (ermmmmm that'd be awkward) there's ways you could simplify the edges there to save plenty o polies. Same with the glasses, you could get away with using a few alpha'd planes to get an even better shape from them.
  • conte
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    conte polycounter lvl 18
    I like design and style, keep it up=)
  • flow3d
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    flow3d polycounter lvl 18
    NextDesign, sorry for being OT here but...IKE IKE!!
    ore wa ai Hinoi Team!! wooooo!! laugh.gif
    (excuse my weak japanese!)

checked out your webpage!
    again, sorry for being OT, I have nothing to crit about the model! frown.gif

*dances away into the sunset, "aishiteruuuuuuu"!"
  • NextDesign
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Post deleted by NextDesign
  • NextDesign
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ahahaha. you saw that eh? Cool!

Alright I have finished texturing for the body. Now its off to texturing the hair and the extra bits. I still also have to put the eye in, but I'm not sure which style I should use. Anyway, here you guys go, enjoy!

colorStep2.jpg