Home General Discussion

Political Compass

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
steady polycounter lvl 18
Hey I saw this link on digg and I tried it, apparently I am a left wing libertarian and fall on the graph right where Ghandhi is. I am a big star trek fan, so I think that many of my values and beliefs are in line with what I imagine the federation hold. Check out the six page survey and see what you are. smile.gif
http://politicalcompass.org/

Replies

• snemmy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    snemmy polycounter lvl 18
    been posted a couple of times. someone even compiled all of the polycounter's results on one graph.

i was down near ghandi as well IIRC.
  • SHEPEIRO
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SHEPEIRO polycounter lvl 17
    im a lefty libral,

Economic Left/Right: -5.38
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.05

if the qs had more As id have come up with a propper red streak laugh.gif

bring on the govermentcontrolled dev houses laugh.gif
  • cw
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cw polycounter lvl 17
    meh - i'm ghandi too - :P

Your political compass
    Economic Left/Right: -4.75
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.56
  • noritsune
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    noritsune polycounter lvl 17
    I mean who wouldnt be. those questions were manipulative and oversimplified.

honestly who is going to say "yes!" to something like "massive corporations should only act in the interest of themselves"?

and then they throw saintly world figures like Mandela and the Dalai Lama in the area where they have engineered everyone to come out, so that we all feel great. And populate the rest of the chart with Stalin! and Hitler! I kept waiting for the sales pitch to come at the end of the page.
  • SHEPEIRO
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SHEPEIRO polycounter lvl 17
    yeha the qs were pretty pointed
  • Dukester
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dukester polycounter lvl 18
    a blast from the past wink.gif

compass.gif
  • steady
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    steady polycounter lvl 18
    haha oops my bad.. cool graph though smile.gif
    ..always knew Kman was the hitler reincarnate, jk
  • Ninjas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ninjas polycounter lvl 18
    I broke it. I held too many opposite extreme beliefs and it labeled me a moderate. So it to be accurate it would have to have a z-axis labeled 'insanity' that would measure the degree of variance between your answers.
  • Ferg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ferg polycounter lvl 17
    Economic Left/Right: -7.38
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.21

just call me SUPER GHANDI
  • KeyserSoze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KeyserSoze polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    honestly who is going to say "yes!" to something like "massive corporations should only act in the interest of themselves"?

[/ QUOTE ]

Conservatives.

I don't think the question has any particular connotation, but you obviously believe that corporations do have an obligation to society beyond just generating profit; not everyone feels that way. Economic conservatives generally believe that there shouldn't be any (or at least, very few) additional laws or regulations for corporations, and that the market will determine a company's behavior. If a company's product causes cancer, then people will show their disapproval by not buying the product, and as a result the company will change its behavior due to market demands... or at least, that's the idea.
  • flaagan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    flaagan polycounter lvl 18
    Economic Left/Right: -3.13
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -0.92

Definitely more than a few questions I wish had a 'middleground' option. Funny, though, as more than a few questions I totally expected to see, and already knew my answer to, would usually oppose other somewhat similar questions.